Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open Source Remote Control

mikelowemikelowe Posts: 66Registered Users
edited August 2011 in iPhone SDK Development
Hello everyone,

I just finished writing a post on my website with some source code for a remote control app. Basically, it connects to your Mac to control certain functions. If anyone is interested, you can go check it out. It uses applescript so it can do lots of things that it does not already. Last time I checked, the code did not work on the simulator for some reason. If anyone figures it out, please tell me. Thanks and I hope you find my code useful.

Mac Remote - Open Source Remote for Mac | Michael Lowe

EDIT: if the above url does not work, try this:
http://mloweprogramming.co.cc/
Post edited by mikelowe on
· ·

Replies

• kapps11kapps11 Posts: 731Registered Users @ @ @
    edited December 2010
    Thx mike thats awesome!
    · ·
  • mikelowemikelowe Posts: 66Registered Users
    edited December 2010
    kapps11 wrote: »
    Thx mike thats awesome!

Thanks! Its just been sitting around on my computer for a couple weeks with no place in the app store so I thought I should share it.
    · ·
  • DavoDavo Posts: 15Registered Users
    edited December 2010
    nice!

thanks for sharing.

What was the reason Apple gave for rejection?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Apps on App Store: Ohmulator (electric circuit calculator)
    · ·
  • OverOver Posts: 9New Users
    edited December 2010
    Very nice! May I ask what the license is regarding integrating this into a live application?

Also, your websites links appear to be broken. Some are linking to

http://michael.opencirclecorp.com/drupal-6.20/<RANDOMPAGE>;

when they should be linking to

http://michael.opencirclecorp.com/drupal620/<RANDOMPAGE>;
    · ·
  • dany_devdany_dev Posts: 4,696Tutorial Authors, Registered Users @ @ @ @ @
    edited December 2010
    what use to communicate with pc? socket?

EDIT:
    yes, socket. I have downloaded now the sources :D

Cool, a nice example of using socket! nice share.
    · ·
    edited December 2010
    Well, I saw this post regarding the communication between phone and pc: objective c - CFNetwork and Bonjour integration for iPhone to Mac integration - Stack Overflow

I figured that since the above sample code sends a string to the mac, I could check that string and then call an applescript function. If you want to use it in an application, go ahead. I too am going to make some revisions to it and see if I can get this system in the app store. The person who reviewed it thought it was too hard to use and rejected it.

I've always wanted to know how to do this kind of thing with the iPhone SDK so I thought I would share it.
    · ·
  • rjwalshrjwalsh Posts: 1New Users
    edited March 2011
    Is this project still available to check out?

Tried opening the link and no luck :(.

Thinking about doing my own remote control app but I have no clue where to start. Any help would be appreciated!
    · ·
  • AndlauAndlau Posts: 1New Users
    edited April 2011
    Same here; I have tried all the above links and they don't seem to work. Mike, can you please update the links; or could someone here who has already gotten the code post it on their respective webpage so we can download it? It would really help us to learn. Thanks in advance. Regards
    · ·
    edited July 2011
    The links no longer work, haven't been on this site in a long time. I actually no longer have access to the server that they were hosted on. If anyone would still like me to, I will upload them to a file hosting site for download. Once again, sorry for the inconvenience and sorry for posting on an old thread, however I feel as though I must reply.
    · ·
  • winipcfgwinipcfg Posts: 19Registered Users
    edited July 2011
    Maybe you could put it on open Source Control server? (e.g. https://github.com/)
    · ·
    edited August 2011
    Hi Everyone,

Sorry this thread has been so unreliable. I've been really busy with school, applying for college, and a big internship. Here are three links:

MacRemote - iPhone App: MacRemote-iPhone.zip
    MacRemote - Mac Side App: MacRemote- Mac.zip
    Mac Remote - Various other commands: MacRemote - Commands.zip
    · ·