Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

oops, I renamed and then deleted Info.plist

tawpietawpie Posts: 348Registered Users
edited August 2011 in iOS SDK Development
yup. I was having "difficulties" with my bundle id, so I renamed the Info.plist file to something else, then later deleted the renamed version and put in a new Info.plist file. Interestingly, I get the following warning on build:

Warning: The Copy Bundle Resources build phase contains this target's Info.plist file 'Info.plist'.

Does anyone know what to do to address this warning?

TIA
Post edited by tawpie on
"Hardware <u>will</u> break. Software comes broken" Unknown<br />
<a href="http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=294438793&mt=8"; target="_blank">Calc-12E</a> <-- ditch your old calculator.<br />
<a href="htt

Replies

• tawpietawpie Posts: 348Registered Users
    edited December 2008
    As relayed to me on another board, this works!!!

1) Select your project's info.plist file (whatever its name), get info on it. This pops up the info window. Click on the Targets tab, and uncheck the box (in cas it's checked)

2) In XCode's outline panel (on the left), click on the small arrow next to your target. You should see the Copy Resource Bundle folder in grey. Browse it and delete any reference to both your old and new info.plist file if present.

And remember, next time you add an info.plist file to your project's resources, make sure you don't link it to the target (so that it won't be copied to the Copy Resource Bundle).
    "Hardware <u>will</u> break. Software comes broken" Unknown<br />
    <a href="http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=294438793&mt=8"; target="_blank">Calc-12E</a> <-- ditch your old calculator.<br />
    <a href="htt
  • uuguiguiuuguigui Posts: 8New Users
    edited October 2009
    tawpie wrote: »
    As relayed to me on another board, this works!!!

1) Select your project's info.plist file (whatever its name), get info on it. This pops up the info window. Click on the Targets tab, and uncheck the box (in cas it's checked)

2) In XCode's outline panel (on the left), click on the small arrow next to your target. You should see the Copy Resource Bundle folder in grey. Browse it and delete any reference to both your old and new info.plist file if present.

And remember, next time you add an info.plist file to your project's resources, make sure you don't link it to the target (so that it won't be copied to the Copy Resource Bundle).

Thanks for your suggestion,it works well now.:-)
  • mk_fastianmk_fastian Posts: 40Registered Users @
    edited April 2011
    @tawpie

thanks its great .. !! and its really helpfull .. i got the same error and get the solution really helpfull
    <a href="http://www.appzventure.com"; target="_blank">AppzVenture</a><br />
    <br />
    Intel Core i5 Macbook Pro, iPhone/iPad Application Development at AppzVenture
  • pitibalrogpitibalrog Posts: 1New Users
    edited July 2011
    It's just a warning, but your post help me to solve it! :D
  • iphonedeveriphonedever Posts: 33Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    You post helped me also.
    FYI, for XCode 4:
    Select your Target, then Build Phases. You will see the extra plist file under 'Copy Bundle Resources'. Just do a search to plist and remove it.

Thanks.