Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

XML parsing problem (newbie)

Jonathan1984Jonathan1984 Posts: 2New Users
edited August 2011 in iPhone SDK Development
Hi,

I am fairly new to Objective C but I am having a really odd problem which I cant seem to solve. I am having problem parsing an xml file. Firstly I read a config file, which contains a list of url's of other xml files to be downloaded. I store these URL's in NSString values within an NSObject.

At the point I call my loadXML function I declare a new NSString, and set it to equal the url set within the data object. When my parser function reads this file I log the elements it finds on the page within the parser didStartElement function, it logs the found elements as HTML , HEAD, TITLE, META, STYLE !!

When I run exactly the same process but hard code the address of the xml, it runs perfectly and finds all the relevant elements. When I run a log I can see the function is receiving exactly the same NSString value each time!

Has anyone come across this before or does anyone have any idea as to what I might be doing wrong? Would code examples help?

Cheers

Jonathan
Post edited by Jonathan1984 on

Replies