Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ideal Resolution for iPad game?

Hello,

Currently, I'm working on an iPad game. I would like to ask you what is the resolution requirement for an iPad game? Should I use (2048x1536) or (1024x768)? Will Apple reject my game app if I choose 1024x768?

I also would like to make my game compatible with iPhone. Should I make 2 separate apps (iPad and iPhone) or an universal app?

Thank you so much for your time and your help.

Replies

• LucasfrayLucasfray Denmark Posts: 4 Noob
    I would create one universal app, as it will save you a bunch of time with review and writing code.
  • TrevorSonnyTrevorSonny San Jose, CAPosts: 5 Noob
    Actually there are different resolution for various apple products , but because we are developing for ipad so there is 1024x768px, with 4:3 for( iPad 1st gen, iPad 2, iPad Mini) and 2048x1536px with 4:3 for (iPad 3rd gen, iPad 4th gen, iPad Air, iPad mini 2nd gen). It is exactly double than the previous generation which makes it easier to scale down.
  • willieaameswillieaames USAPosts: 3 Noob
    1024x768= iPad 1, iPad 2
    2048x1536= iPad 3
    Create one universal app for all devices.
  • iphonenewcomeriphonenewcomer IndiaPosts: 2 Noob
    Anne256 wrote: »
    Hello,

Currently, I'm working on an iPad game. I would like to ask you what is the resolution requirement for an iPad game? Should I use (2048x1536) or (1024x768)? Will Apple reject my game app if I choose 1024x768?

I also would like to make my game compatible with iPhone. Should I make 2 separate apps (iPad and iPhone) or an universal app?

Thank you so much for your time and your help.

The "best" resolution depends on a lot of factors:

1. The platform the game is supposed to be released on first
    2. Other possible platforms you plan to port to later
    3. Graphical fidelity (An 8-bit or pixel art game doesn't need to be hi-res.)
    4. Genre (A puzzle-game can probably get away with a lower resolution, but a high-speed competitive FPS might not.)