Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reducing size app game.

cbeneytocbeneyto SpainPosts: 1New Users Noob
Hi everyone! My name is Carlos, im from Spain, and I'm currently developing a game for iOS.
Well ... My problem is this:

Currently we are not using any framework (in future we will use Unity3D we have already learned the lesson hehe) and the game contains certain animations that now are shown in a sequence of png.

We create the animation via After Effects> mov> png sequence.
The fact is that obviously we have certain sequences that are somewhat heavy, total 100MB in animation sequences of this type.

We know that the correct format would create animations by code, but do not have the time or resources to do it right now.
  • Any recommendation to lose weight?
  • Any library that allows us to display those animations via .mp4 or similar?
  • Is there a standard that works for these cases?

It is important that these animations have transparency option. (Alpha)
I hope you can help me, sure that together we get a solution and will obviously be the first to try the game if they want to and some gift =)

Thank you very much!
Carlos.

Replies

• Crichton333Crichton333 Posts: 278Registered Users @ @
    In Unity you can convert a mp4 into ogg video that Unity supports natively and then the file size is reduced like 80%. I remember converting a sequence from After Effects that was like 1GB avi -- 200MB mp4 -- 10MB ogv.
    "Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality