Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help on Certificate s**t

waldorfpatriotwaldorfpatriot Posts: 3New Users
Hey guys,
I got a problem with the certificates and the provisioning in the SDK. For three days I try to solve the problem but I'm sticking.
Here's the problem:
The SDK get's an error while signing the code for my iPhone. The current error is
Code Signing Identity 'iPhone Developer' does not match any valid, non-expired, code-signing certificate in your keychain.
but I got also other errors about the signing process, but I don't remember them.

The Keychain Access claims
THis certificate was signed by an unknown authority
and I can not install my public nor my private key.

Someone got a solution?
I would really appreciate it!

cheers
Post edited by waldorfpatriot on
· ·

Replies

• FlyingDiverFlyingDiver Posts: 997Registered Users
    edited April 2009
    Did you create the certificates on the iPhone Dev Portal? If so, did you download the ADC intermediate certificate? Look on the portal instructions for where to get it.

joe
    · ·
  • waldorfpatriotwaldorfpatriot Posts: 3New Users
    edited April 2009
    Thx joe,
    the first problem is solved: my keychain shows up that the certificate is valid. But Signing is still a problem.
    Any idas?
    Did you create the certificates on the iPhone Dev Portal? If so, did you download the ADC intermediate certificate? Look on the portal instructions for where to get it.

joe
    · ·
  • GottaaGottaa Posts: 30Registered Users
    edited April 2009
    My suggestion for the provisions is don't just drag them onto the Xcode icon like apple say, browse to the target folder they would go into and manually drag them there, this means Xcode won't rename them which is what buggered up my code signing when I built my app, beyond that it seems to be a dark art which involves alot of "Clean Build" and "Close down and re-open Xcode to ensure the changes have been made correctly"
    <a href="http://twitter.com/wrightfun" target="_blank">Twitter</a><br />
    <br />
    Developer of: <a href="http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=310752649&mt=8" target="_blank">Splitz</a>
    · ·
  • funkytacofunkytaco AtlantaPosts: 413Registered Users @ @
    edited April 2009
    Agreed with last poster. And if all else fails, recreate certs from scratch like I did. Ugh.
    http://wddng.net - My geek wddng blog
    · ·
  • The Game ReaperThe Game Reaper Posts: 1New Users
    edited April 2009
    Actually, If you follow the portal to a T it still won't work. Lucky for me I found a terrific screen cast that takes you through it. [Link, Hot Cocoa, Last Edit Studios]
    · ·
  • adel joodalahadel joodalah Posts: 3New Users
    edited December 2010
    Thx joe,
    the first problem is solved: my keychain shows up that the certificate is valid. But Signing is still a problem.
    Any idas?

Hi
    HOW you solve the certificate problem?!!!
    "This certificate was signed by unknown authority"
    for 2 days i try but nothing work :(
    · ·
  • a_s_a_s_ Posts: 1New Users
    edited March 2011
    after hours of googling and trying out different things, this is what fixed it for me:

1. Make sure there are no certificates in the System > Certificates tab on Keychain Access. Remove all duplicate certificates from there.

2. Install the WWDR intermediate certificate under certificates from the provisioning portal, in addition to the developers certificates and make sure you see it in the Login > Certificates tab on Keychain Access.

hope this helps some of you!
    · ·
  • kazblueskykazbluesky Posts: 165Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    a_s_ wrote: »
    after hours of googling and trying out different things, this is what fixed it for me:

1. Make sure there are no certificates in the System > Certificates tab on Keychain Access. Remove all duplicate certificates from there.

2. Install the WWDR intermediate certificate under certificates from the provisioning portal, in addition to the developers certificates and make sure you see it in the Login > Certificates tab on Keychain Access.

hope this helps some of you!

Thanks a lot, worked for me too!!
    · ·