Advertise here




Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PDF Creation Tutorial

1235

Replies

  • SohaibQaziSohaibQazi Posts: 3New Users
    edited April 2011
    The files you attached are not working for me for block of Image creation. In image creation block , my application is crashing on this point

    pictureURL = CFBundleCopyResourceURL(CFBundleGetMainBundle(), picturePath, CFSTR("png"), NULL);

    I am new to iPhone development, so kindly explain it to me. I didnt change anything in your code. But when i commit block of image. Pdf file is generating in the folder you told with "Hello World"...... But for that in console i am getting error
    CreatePDFFile[1011] <Error>: FT_Load_Glyph failed: error 6.

    How can i fix these issues? Any ideas...... Would be greatly thankful to you
  • RockStrongoRockStrongo Posts: 176Registered Users
    edited April 2011
    Anyone know how to make a URL when creating a PDF?

    Right now, I have the text for my web address on the bottom of the document, but I would like to make it a hyperlink if possible.

    Anyone have any suggestions?
  • ArtieFufkin10ArtieFufkin10 Posts: 4New Users
    edited May 2011
    Great tutorial. I'm having some issues with the Simulator crashing after I press the "make pdf" button. It is indeed writing the file, but apparently its empty and I can't open it.

    If you can share the tutorial with me, it would be much appreciated.

    rm443@drexel.edu

    Thanks!
  • ArtieFufkin10ArtieFufkin10 Posts: 4New Users
    edited May 2011
    Great tutorial. I'm having some issues with the Simulator crashing after I press the "make pdf" button. It is indeed writing the file, but apparently its empty and I can't open it.

    If you can share the tutorial with me, it would be much appreciated.

    rm443@drexel.edu

    Thanks!

    Scratch the above message, I seem to have it working. Does anyone know how to use Mail to email the file on the iPhone?
  • EnderTheXenocideEnderTheXenocide Posts: 1New Users
    edited June 2011
    danielb21 wrote: »
    Good afternoon everyone!

    I have written an intro to PDF tutorial for those that are interested in PDF interactivity within your iPhone apps. This first tutorial, shows how to simply create a PDF that contains an image, some text and a border around the page.

    Ok, on to the goods! There are two custom methods in the PDFViewController.m file that you will be looking at mostly. The first is CreatePDFFile. This method does exactly what it says - creates a PDF file. The second method is called createPDF, and is an IBAction method hooked to an UIButton in IB. Upon touching the button this method calls our CreatePDFFile method.

    Important - there is no output after clicking the button, meaning you will not see the resulting PDF displayed on the phone. I can create a second tutorial for that purpose, but it seemed like most people were only interested in the creation of the file.

    In order to view the resulting PDF go to:
    Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/User/Applications

    In this directory sort by Date Modified. If the example project here was the last app that you ran it will be at the top of this directory. Simply navigate to the documents directory of the PDF example app and you will be able to see the PDF it creates.

    Let me know if you have any questions!

    P.S. So it seems that the example project was larger than the allowed size for attachments. I will get the whole project up on the web for download soon, but in the meantime I have included the class files which is all you should need.


    So I have just a simple quick question.
    Is there a website for intro to Xcode4?
    Preferably a simplified version of the tutorial would be awesome.
    I'm new to the mac and the whole concept of developing.
    And i would like a very simple and efficient way to learn.
    I am no developer or anything.
    Just a complete noob interested in finding a new hobby in creating apps.:)
    Please reply back if possible.
  • shasshas Posts: 20Registered Users
    edited June 2011
    I loaded one webpage on UIWebview and from there i clicked to download one pdf file, then PDF file opened in UIWebview

    I want to save this Opened PDF files into my iPad Also Later i want Browse these files and open again
  • bhushangahirebhushangahire Posts: 1New Users
    edited June 2011
    shas wrote: »
    I loaded one webpage on UIWebview and from there i clicked to download one pdf file, then PDF file opened in UIWebview

    I want to save this Opened PDF files into my iPad Also Later i want Browse these files and open again

    Can anyone send me the full project I will upload to me hosting and share a link for whole project for download.

    Send it to me at : bhushangahire2007@gmail.com
  • dandertondanderton Posts: 5New Users
    edited June 2011
    Can anyone send me the full project I will upload to me hosting and share a link for whole project for download.

    Send it to me at : bhushangahire2007@gmail.com

    Did you ever get this? I would be very grateful for a copy.

    Thanks Dan
  • uvidownloaderuvidownloader Posts: 216Registered Users @ @
    edited June 2011
    Is this the most simplest way to show a PDF document in an app ? I am creating a tutorial app that I want to just add different PDF files to different views. There should be a simplier solution than this. If I am wrong please PM Me.
  • jananijanani Posts: 3New Users
    edited July 2011
    hi im creating a project to display the reports of a patient. i need to create a pdf for tat. form ur post i undr ur tutorial is really gud. i would like to use urs. but in tat zip only the files are there, can u mail me the whole project. and can u tel me how to edit the pdf and highlight the text???

    mail me the project to beware.crab@gmail.com :)

    thanks in advance..
  • yamaturkeyyamaturkey Posts: 1New Users
    edited August 2011
    danielb21 wrote: »
    Good afternoon everyone!

    I have written an intro to PDF tutorial for those that are interested in PDF interactivity within your iPhone apps. This first tutorial, shows how to simply create a PDF that contains an image, some text and a border around the page.

    Ok, on to the goods! There are two custom methods in the PDFViewController.m file that you will be looking at mostly. The first is CreatePDFFile. This method does exactly what it says - creates a PDF file. The second method is called createPDF, and is an IBAction method hooked to an UIButton in IB. Upon touching the button this method calls our CreatePDFFile method.

    Important - there is no output after clicking the button, meaning you will not see the resulting PDF displayed on the phone. I can create a second tutorial for that purpose, but it seemed like most people were only interested in the creation of the file.

    In order to view the resulting PDF go to:
    Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/User/Applications

    In this directory sort by Date Modified. If the example project here was the last app that you ran it will be at the top of this directory. Simply navigate to the documents directory of the PDF example app and you will be able to see the PDF it creates.

    Let me know if you have any questions!

    P.S. So it seems that the example project was larger than the allowed size for attachments. I will get the whole project up on the web for download soon, but in the meantime I have included the class files which is all you should need.

    Thanks for the tutorial.
    I am new to xcode program, could you tell me how to send up the directory so that i can use the file you provided???
    thanks
  • Mr.Hoo214Mr.Hoo214 Posts: 6New Users
    edited September 2011
    Anyone got this solution work , please help me import this code to my app. I just download all code, import in my application, but when i run it , it show me theard 1 : Program received signal: "SIGABRT" . I don't know how to fix it. Please help me
  • chetan12386chetan12386 Posts: 1New Users
    edited September 2011
    Can u plz mail me that tutorial on chetan12386@gmail.com

    Thanx in advance ...
  • zimonlzimonl Posts: 1New Users
    edited January 2013
    I would thank you very much, if you could send me the tutorial .

    Thanks !
    Post edited by zimonl on
  • Mr.Hoo214Mr.Hoo214 Posts: 6New Users
    edited September 2011
    Mr.Hoo214 wrote: »
    Anyone got this solution work , please help me import this code to my app. I just download all code, import in my application, but when i run it , it show me theard 1 : Program received signal: "SIGABRT" . I don't know how to fix it. Please help me

    Finally i can fix this problem and run this code very well. Thank danielb21 so much !!!
  • medwritemedwrite Posts: 32Registered Users @
    edited September 2011
    danielb21 wrote: »
    Good afternoon everyone!

    I have written an intro to PDF tutorial for those that are interested in PDF interactivity within your iPhone apps. This first tutorial, shows how to simply create a PDF that contains an image, some text and a border around the page.

    Ok, on to the goods! There are two custom methods in the PDFViewController.m file that you will be looking at mostly. The first is CreatePDFFile. This method does exactly what it says - creates a PDF file. The second method is called createPDF, and is an IBAction method hooked to an UIButton in IB. Upon touching the button this method calls our CreatePDFFile method.

    Important - there is no output after clicking the button, meaning you will not see the resulting PDF displayed on the phone. I can create a second tutorial for that purpose, but it seemed like most people were only interested in the creation of the file.

    In order to view the resulting PDF go to:
    Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/User/Applications

    In this directory sort by Date Modified. If the example project here was the last app that you ran it will be at the top of this directory. Simply navigate to the documents directory of the PDF example app and you will be able to see the PDF it creates.

    Let me know if you have any questions!

    P.S. So it seems that the example project was larger than the allowed size for attachments. I will get the whole project up on the web for download soon, but in the meantime I have included the class files which is all you should need.

    Hi,
    Can i convert RTF to PDF is it possible.

    Thankyou,
    Medwrite.
  • mingmarmingmar Posts: 1New Users
    edited October 2011
    Mr.Hoo214 wrote: »
    Finally i can fix this problem and run this code very well. Thank danielb21 so much !!!

    So what was the fix for the issue?
    I am also facing the same issue.

    Thanks
  • Mr.Hoo214Mr.Hoo214 Posts: 6New Users
    edited October 2011
    mingmar wrote: »
    So what was the fix for the issue?
    I am also facing the same issue.

    Thanks

    It was a month ago , so i can't remember how can i fix this problem. Therefore i decide to create an example with this code to show other member how to create pdf file in their application. In addition, i embed some code to show the pdf file after creating. Hope this will helpful for some people :cool::cool:
  • santanusantanu Posts: 2New Users
    edited December 2011
    really its tutorial very gooddddddd
  • praveen0074upraveen0074u Posts: 2New Users
    edited December 2011
    this class works perfectly..but when i click on the create pdf button again (ie second time) the program gets crashed ..can u help me ?:confused:
  • SalehSultanSalehSultan Posts: 1New Users
    edited December 2011
    Can u plz mail me that tutorial on chetan12386@gmail.com

    Thanx in advance ...


    Do you have this tutorial ?
    Can you please send me the code in my email.
    kawsar_cse539@yahoo.com
  • davidlxkdavidlxk Posts: 43Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    Drop Dem is out now! You should check it out at <a href="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/drop-dem/id490101113"; target="_blank">http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/drop-dem/id490101113</a><br />
    <br />
    You should follow Drop Dem on Twitter <a href="http://twit
  • SreelashSreelash Posts: 22Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    Hi,

    Can anybody help me to convert pdf to xls and xls to pdf.

    regards,
    Sree
  • k7l4m7k7l4m7 Posts: 2New Users
    I can't seem to open the code. Not sure what I am doing wrong. It goes from a zip to a cpgz and cycles through that when trying to open. Any suggestions?
  • iber4.comiber4.com Posts: 119Registered Users @ @
    You may check PDFkit features as well... ;)
    We develop your application for iOS, Android and Windows to your needs, with the best value for your money in the market. Check it out!

    http://iber4.com

    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

    iber4 Software Solutions for Mobile Devices. iOS & Android Application Development, API Integration with Mobile Apps, Migration, Maintenance & Support.
Sign In or Register to comment.