Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WebService [How-To]

2»

Replies

• zardonzardon Posts: 240Registered Users
    edited October 2011
    dany_dev wrote: »
    give me an example of WebService security, i will take a look......ASIHTTPRequest should handle it.

I think he means oAuth or some kind of two part key or a key which changes every X days?
    UK-based Junior iOS developer looking for a job, or freelance projects.
  • davide6169davide6169 Posts: 1New Users
    edited November 2011
    I've recently released the app "WebService" (for iPhone and iPad), a generic WebService configurable (through an XML configuration file) REST client based on HTTP GET/POST and XML request/reply interface protocol, relalized using the frameworks ASIHTTPRequest, FMDB (for SQLITE) and TouchXML: the XML configuration file is used to create an SQLite DB instance used to guide the front-end UI...
  • esantos27esantos27 Posts: 1New Users
    edited January 2012
    Hi There Dev,

Thanks for the great tutorial, but I have one issue I encountered regarding localhost:433 uses an invalid security certificate. Can you post possible solution for this?
  • premkrispremkris Posts: 1New Users
    edited February 2012
    Firstly,

Thanks for the great post. I'm just entering into iPhone app world, and this tutorial is fantastic.

But even I achieved parsing the XML , I'm encountering a strange problem. I'm unable to initialize and allocate "userRet"

userRet = [[WS_User init]alloc] , results in a compilation error

Ld "/Users/premkris 1/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/creditcheck-cahhntvpoqgyijapekgwplzkxwws/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/creditcheck.app/creditcheck" normal i386
    cd "/Users/premkris 1/Documents/xcode projects/creditcheck"
    setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.6
    setenv PATH "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin/clang -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator5.0.sdk "-L/Users/premkris 1/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/creditcheck-cahhntvpoqgyijapekgwplzkxwws/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator" "-F/Users/premkris 1/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/creditcheck-cahhntvpoqgyijapekgwplzkxwws/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator" -filelist "/Users/premkris 1/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/creditcheck-cahhntvpoqgyijapekgwplzkxwws/Build/Intermediates/creditcheck.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/creditcheck.build/Objects-normal/i386/creditcheck.LinkFileList" -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 -Xlinker -objc_abi_version -Xlinker 2 -fobjc-arc -Xlinker -no_implicit_dylibs -D__IPHONE_OS_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED=50000 -framework UIKit -framework Foundation -framework CoreGraphics -o "/Users/premkris 1/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/creditcheck-cahhntvpoqgyijapekgwplzkxwws/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/creditcheck.app/creditcheck"

Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
    "_OBJC_CLASS_$_WS_User", referenced from:
    objc-class-ref in credit_parse.o
    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

What could be the reason. Any help appreciated.
  • RyhorRyhor Posts: 1New Users
    edited March 2012
    Thank you very much!
  • TidaneTidane Posts: 2New Users
    Awesome tutorial.. I was just searching for something to remember how I did my project and try to found new things to do...

I really like how you explained...

• iggi_iggi_ Posts: 2New Users
    Awesome tutorial... But i have questions... how to make sessions with ios on php page? how sessions work with ios in global?
  • mastikhor55mastikhor55 IndiaPosts: 1New Users Noob
    Thank You Dany Dev ...It's simple and clear explanation is really very helpful to me .....

I am a beginner developer in iOS ... i understand about Web service and JSON . But Now,
    How can i Call web service with request parameter(JSON Parameter).

i am using NSURLConnection (async) WebService.

Plz,Give some code sample.

Do u have any suggestion?

Thanks again.
2»