Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting from scratch?

louiedlouied Posts: 1New Users Noob
Lets say I know absolutely nothing about programming or design. I want to make a gaming app but do not want to invest the money to do so. I want to turn learning and making apps more into a hobby of mine.

I want to be more gaming based but I still want to learn everything about it that I can.
So let's say I know absolutely nothing, what are the things I would have to learn and study.

Replies

• dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,620New Users @ @ @ @ @
    edited February 2014
    Start by doing some reading...

Then create your first project...

Which will logically lead to the next... and next... as you learn the language, sdk and skills needed to do it without thinking too hard.

http://iphonedevsdk.com/forum/iphone-sdk-development/23312-recommended-iphone-sdk-books.html#latest

The Stanford University online courses... free... are also a good place to start. Google them.

• Crichton333Crichton333 Posts: 278Registered Users @ @
    You can try Construct 2 or Stencyl. They are visual game making apps and you dont really have to no anything about coding. They are like using an Adobe product for design.
    "Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality
  • magaretzmagaretz NYPosts: 3New Users Noob
    dev666999 wrote: »

The Stanford University online courses... free... are also a good place to start. Google them.

It's a bit hard to get started without any background in programming
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,620New Users @ @ @ @ @
    magaretz wrote: »
    dev666999 wrote: »

It's a bit hard to get started without any background in programming

You don't need a background in programming to learn to create iOS apps. The programming background helps but you can easily learn it without having one.

Same as playing Rock guitar. You don't need a musical background to do so.

The majority of app developers do NOT have a programming background. They learned it on the fly.

Survival of the fittest...same as in Rock.