Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to push notification for Mac users?

dud3dud3 ChinaPosts: 21New Users @
Hello devs,
I have 2 apps for Mac, Since there is no push or notification in Mac, How could I let users know that I have promotions or other marketing staff?

Thanks.

Replies

• dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,620New Users @ @ @ @ @
    You can add announcements and news bulletins to your app, if you have a server. Your server would control the info posted to the app.
  • dud3dud3 ChinaPosts: 21New Users @
    dev666999 wrote: »
    You can add announcements and news bulletins to your app, if you have a server. Your server would control the info posted to the app.

Hi thanks Dev. Could you please provide me the official links?
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,620New Users @ @ @ @ @
    I don't know of any official links that would give you a cookbook recipe for doing this. I rolled my own. You need to be familiar with website development and also how to pull data from your server. You can then create whatever you need on your server side, and write code within your app that downloads this data from your server, parses it correctly, and displays it in whatever format you prefer.

In iOS for example, you can display it via UIWebView, UILabel, UIAlertView...etc.

I have not done any OSX development, but the principles would be the same.

The above, for what you're trying to do is not particularly difficult, and you do not need to be an expert on it, but be prepared for a steep learning curve if you've never done it before.