Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking help in the name of an App

sphinxsolutionsphinxsolution New Jersey/PunePosts: 7New Users Noob
edited September 2015 in Off Topic
Hello Guys,
We are in the process of developing a healthcare App(Features will be: Local doctor search, appointment, pathology labs, medical store, online prescription, reminders for taking medicine, diet planning and reminders and lots more). I am looking your expert feedback over some issues:
1. Name: Few suggestions we have shorted out, advise which will be the best 1. Medipock 2. Healpock 3. Vointi (Health in Finnish Language) also suggest some good name if you think it could be best option.
2. Will be an good option if we make home screen like smartphone screen (different section will be in form of tiles) the size of those tiles will grow according to uses.

Thank you in Advance.

Replies

• dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,547New Users @ @ @ @ @
    edited September 2015
    1. Name: in English, the word "pock" implies a defect such as a mark or scar.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/pock

2. You will need to research that further. Last I looked, Apple does not like an app home screen that resembles a tiled smartphone screen.

10.4 Apps that create alternate desktop/home screen environments or simulate multi-App widget experiences will be rejected

https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/#functionality
  • sphinxsolutionsphinxsolution New Jersey/PunePosts: 7New Users Noob
    Thank you Dev, You saved my time
  • sphinxsolutionsphinxsolution New Jersey/PunePosts: 7New Users Noob
    One of a friend advised me not to pick the name having midi, doctor rather to go for an abstract name. See the way we are seeing this app - Its success will bring a revolution in healthcare industry. The prime concern, we are going to address is - Patients and people who can take leverage of it in different conditions, either it would be about finding a good doctor, search for pathology labs, to find alternative medicines, browse their medical history, critical measurements, get help in critical conditions, diet planning, Personalized Suggestions for Ayurvedas.... All around.

So looking for a name which may serve all intentions, give a sense of brand, easily recognizable.
    Thank you in advance