Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Was the site just re-skinned?

C6Silver05C6Silver05 SeattlePosts: 632New Users @ @ @
This morning the site was graphically broken. I thought okay a temporary glitch. I came back later in the day and it looks like it was re-skinned although there are no posts or announcements about it. My view, for what it's worth, is that the change is a mess. Cluttered, difficult to read, etc. Perhaps there are still things in transition but I seriously hope this isn't the final version....

Replies

• BrianSlickBrianSlick Treadmill Desk Ninja Posts: 10,690Tutorial Authors, Registered Users @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
    Not liking it so far. It's worse if you aren't logged in.
    Professional iOS App Development. Available for hire.
    BriTer Ideas LLC - WWW | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

BTIKit | SlickShopper 2 | Leave a PayPal donation
  • UIUsUIUs Posts: 168Moderators Admin
    Yes, the site was reskinned. On the November 23, I noticed that the site was totally illegible. Our old theme was gone. But there was no new theme to replace it. All we had was a black background with some dark purple text, which was impossible to read. So, I looked at all the themes and picked the one that was the most legible. I am not happy with it either, but it will be here temporarily until we can figure out what went wrong. I suspect Vanilla Forums made some changes, that affected our site. We'll get this sorted out.

Thanks for your patience.
  • BrianSlickBrianSlick Treadmill Desk Ninja Posts: 10,690Tutorial Authors, Registered Users @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
    Ugh. We have got to go back to vBulletin.

• UIUsUIUs Posts: 168Moderators Admin
    BrianSlick wrote: »
    Ugh. We have got to go back to vBulletin.

The problem with the new themes, is that they all appear to have the same layouts. The layouts are not as logical as our old theme. I tried about half of the available themes and they basically looked the same, with the exception of minor layout changes (very minor), Fonts, and colors. I will try the remaining themes to see if there is something better. If so, I will change it to that, until we get this sorted out.
  • C6Silver05C6Silver05 SeattlePosts: 632New Users @ @ @
    Yikes, it gets worse by the day. It is basically an unintelligible mess right now. Just finding my way back to this thread took an experienced sherpa... Good luck with the fixes! ;-)
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,613New Users @ @ @ @ @
    C6Silver05 wrote: »
    Yikes, it gets worse by the day. It is basically an unintelligible mess right now. Just finding my way back to this thread took an experienced sherpa... Good luck with the fixes! ;-)

I've always had the "What's New" aka "Discussions" page as a shortcut on my desktop. Makes it easier to go right to this discussion page. And one of my browsers has it as the default page.

The Homepage is a frigging mess. Ugly as hell. I try to avoid using it.
    Well, this is an improvement, though it's still not quite back to where we started.

• C6Silver05C6Silver05 SeattlePosts: 632New Users @ @ @
    Agreed. We seem to be getting there slowly but I am elated to see some change in the right direction.
  • MillydelevMillydelev AhmedabadPosts: 1New Users Noob
    If you want to mix some stealth and melee into your shooting, then the Saboteur is for you, offering a plasma sword for devastating up-close attacks, as well as the ability to turn temporarily invisible.