Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to wipe the jailbroken iPod Touch

oldlabguy0oldlabguy0 LondonPosts: 2New Users Noob
I followed the tutorial with the erasing option provided by iPod (Settings -> General-> Erase -> Erase All Content and Settings). When I hit the erase button, the whole screen goes gray and stay that screen forever with a circle flashing on the center.

After rebooting, nothing got wiped. I want to sell the old iPod and need to wipe the device before selling.
Tagged:

Replies

• dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,582New Users @ @ @ @ @
    Instinctively I would reverse the Jail break first. Then try to wipe it.

The fact that it is jailbroken may be the problem.
  • oldlabguy0oldlabguy0 LondonPosts: 2New Users Noob
    dev666999 wrote: »
    Instinctively I would reverse the Jail break first. Then try to wipe it.

The fact that it is jailbroken may be the problem.

yeah, it was jailbroken before. I flashed a new IPA to the device a while go with iOS 8.0
  • JohnsimithJohnsimith new yorkPosts: 1New Users Noob
    edited December 2015
     Maybe most people didn't know that "recovery factory rest " won't completely erase your personal data off your iPhone, it can be recovered by data recovery app, to completely delete your data without restore, For this issue I would like to recommend try "Safewiper" app to erase all private info in your iPhone or iPad without restore.
    See this article:
    http://www.safewiper.com/tutorials/erase-photos-from-iphone-before-selling.html

This is a paid software, but it works fine.
    If you do find a free one, please do share with us.

I'll remind again that you must ensure the data on your iPhone, iPad was completely erased and NO recoverable!