Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Back and looking for advice

icreepinicreepin Posts: 1New Users
I have been a software developer since I was 14. Never really developed for IOS what I did on my apple IIe doesn't count LOL.

I am recovering from an accident and I am looking to get back into the software development side of things. I am going to focus on the smart phone the smart watch and the tablet platforms.

My question is what is recommended to get into the smart phone tablet and smart watch IOS for apple?

I understand i need to get a mac book and due to budget i can not afford new. I currently have brand new in box apple smart watch IPad 2nd generation both of those are brand new never used in box.

What type of referb mac book should I be looking at?

What type of Iphone should I be looking at? with the Iphone 5s being discontinued would that still be good for development for the next 2 years? Right now my cell phone is sprint so my thought was to get a family plan and have an android apple and windows phone for development as well as my daily phone. That way when i get into a test phase for what ever idea I come up with I will actually be able to text outside of a wifi connected area.

As i am developing software I would want to upload to the apple store as well as put the software directly to the hard ware I would have for test reasons.

While i am going to be developing for the IOS I will also be developing for the Android operating system and don't laugh the windows smart phone and smart watch and tablet operating system as well. How hard is the conversion? The plan is to have a separate laptop for each.

I know the internet is an awesome place but what books would anyone recommend for the IOS development for the Ipad Iphone Apple smartwatch?

any help would be awesome thanks.

Replies

• dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,558New Users @ @ @ @ @
    The English language has a quaint punctuation mark known as the comma. I'm surprised, you've never heard of it.
  • JonPMJonPM Posts: 159New Users @ @
    Do you need a mac book? What I did is bought a Mac Mini for a fraction of the cost and use it as my development machine.

Also if you are looking at developing cross platform you might want to consider other SDKs/RAD tools like Corona SDK, Unity, Phonegap, etc. Not sure which if any support watchOS though...