Please do not post the same thing multiple times. The board software automatically flags certain posts as needing moderator attention. This happens the most often for new users. I'm pretty sure this is made clear at the time you attempt to post. Posting the same thing over and over again just makes that many more posts the moderators have to weed through later. This makes us sad. Don't make us sad. If your post/thread doesn't appear, just wait a while. Don't post it again. If it hasn't shown up by the next day, then you can try again. I normally go through posts in the mornings, and try to check a few times throughout the day, but I'm not here 24/7. There will typically be a significant delay before posts are approved. Just be patient.
I just published a post on our Apptamin blog (cf. signature) giving several ways to improve your app ratings. I thought I'd share the key points and would love to hear your thoughts too.
- Getting started: ask people you know to honestly rate the app: get a few honest reviews from relatives
- You want to avoid bad reviews by giving users an easy way (or several) to reach you if they have a question/problem/complaint. You don't want them doing this on your app store page, and you want to provide happy users with easy ways to share the love.
- Within your app description and app website
- Within your app: Email/twitter contact / "Share the love" button / Feedback SDK like Appsfire
- LISTEN, reply quickly and fix problems
- Ask for ratings within your app, but dont be too aggressive
Things I dislike that might work: promo codes in exchange of reviews (doing it too much at least), asking only for star reviews, asking for a review with each app update.