Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Market a FREE Game

Does anyone know any REAL good ways to market a free game. This is my first free game and i was wondering if anyone could help me by suggesting ways in which will successfully get me downloads regularly.

All feedback is highly appreciated Thanks :)!

Replies

• How deep are your pockets? ^^
  • Yeah man, that all depends on your budget (if any). And if you don't have a budget I suggest you to get one :-) Advertising your app is a way to go. Get as much exposure as you can, and then if your game is really good people will be downloading it and this will get the ball rolling.
    Also, make sure the app page has good description, a catchy title and useful reviews. This will help convert the traffic into actual downloaders.
    Good luck.
  • diogorhdiogorh Posts: 13 *
    Do you guys think that us$1000 can make any impact?

I have an app in the Trivia category, so it shouldn't need many downloads to get to the top.

Have you guys considered, or used, a Pay for Install service?

Check out my first app:
    <a href="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/movies-object-quiz/id556137096">Movies Object Quiz</a>
  • ShelShockShelShock Posts: 128 @ @
    I wouldn't spend $1K on a PPI service - the number of downloads you would receive wouldn't make much of an impact for any meaningful period of time. My suggestion is that you focus on organic marketing. This doesn't mean "free" marketing, but it means enhancing the % of users who choose to download your app v.s. competitors when they search in the app store. Leveraging reviews and user feedback are a great way to do this. I've recently worked with a developer who launched a very successful beta for their application, focusing on a few hundred users that provided great feedback and reviews -- the dev then moved to apply some marketing dollars for user acquisition and saw great results.
    Services and Apps I Recommend

Reviews and Ratings are critical to the success of your app. They significantly contribute to your ASO and organic growth.

Gnome Escape is the best way to generate reviews, ratings, iTunes buzz and feedback for your app.
  • As an app developer you should release your app as soon as the review is finished.

Create your Press Kit : Press kit make it easier for app reviewers to do their jobs.

Press Release : Write a press release as it is intended for distribution to a wide range of media outlets.

iTunes Store App Page : Make sure whether your iTunes Store App Page is attractive in order to achieve more downloads.

Send Promo Codes : promo codes is a famous marketing technique for app developers, with 69% of respondents sending out using this.

Submit Reviews : Submit your app to the quality review sites and get huge amount of reviews.

Make a Trailer : Trailers, previews and sneak-peak videos makes customers excited.

I think the above mentioned suggestions will help you to make more downloads.
    Hitch your app to the top with well planned and executed iPhone app marketing strategy - <a href="http://www.dotcominfoway.com/mobile-application-development/mobile-apps-marketing/iphone">; Click here </a> to know more about it!
  • IconzIconz Posts: 33

As an app developer you should release your app as soon as the review is finished.

Create your Press Kit : Press kit make it easier for app reviewers to do their jobs.

Press Release : Write a press release as it is intended for distribution to a wide range of media outlets.

iTunes Store App Page : Make sure whether your iTunes Store App Page is attractive in order to achieve more downloads.

Send Promo Codes : promo codes is a famous marketing technique for app developers, with 69% of respondents sending out using this.

Submit Reviews : Submit your app to the quality review sites and get huge amount of reviews.

Make a Trailer : Trailers, previews and sneak-peak videos makes customers excited.

As an app developer you should release your app as soon as the review is finished.

Great Information, Thank you very much!
  • ComboAppComboApp Chicago, ILPosts: 333 @ @
    Your campaign should be based on the type of your app, goals and budget. The list shared is fine, still you should check what would work with your app the best. Please share the itunes link
    ComboApp Marketing & PR Agency<br />
    <a href="http://marketing.comboapp.com"; target="_blank">iPhone App Marketing</a>