Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tried buying reviews from fiverr?

2»

Replies

• ShelShockShelShock Posts: 128Registered Users @ @
    edited September 2013
    That's correct. Most of the guys on Fiverr just register multiple iTunes accounts and post up reviews on order. Apple detects if the accounts have legit activity with other apps (and if they have device sync history) to determine if they are "fake accounts". If they are fake accounts the reviews will be removed. It's way better getting reviews from real users.
    Services and Apps I Recommend

Reviews and Ratings are critical to the success of your app. They significantly contribute to your ASO and organic growth.

Gnome Escape is the best way to generate reviews, ratings, iTunes buzz and feedback for your app.
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,547New Users @ @ @ @ @
    edited September 2013
    @ShelShock

What does Apple do about fake ratings?

I know of a developer, who routinely drops in 100-150... 5 Star ratings. Dumps them in all at once, on the second or third day of the app launch. So far, Apple has ignored it, but it is pretty blatant.

They do it, because they make cr*p apps, and want to keep their average ratings at 4 stars or better. So they do the initial dump to protect themselves.

They are very high up in the charts, very visible, and yet Apple just ignores it.
  • ShelShockShelShock Posts: 128Registered Users @ @
    Apple has the same policy against fake ratings - I have personally seen apps have ratings removed/reduced because they used "fake accounts" to dump in ratings. This may just be a case of a developer just not "being found" by Apple. It is my belief that their processes are semi automated and semi manual, so there are edge cases that just end up slipping through.

It's like speeding 100MPH on 101 in California -- if you do it on a day that the police are involved in a high speed chase, they won't have resource to care. If you do it on a day when they have nothing better to do than setup a speed trap you are screwed.

In general Apple "gets" that developers are going to market their apps and that there are channels that are "higher concentration" for reviews and ratings - but they are getting smart about iTunes accounts that have never once synced with a unique device leaving ratings and/or reviews. Generally if the users reveiewing your app are active, have other reviews/ratings and sync to their iTunes account with reasonable frequency you will be fine.
    Services and Apps I Recommend

Reviews and Ratings are critical to the success of your app. They significantly contribute to your ASO and organic growth.

Gnome Escape is the best way to generate reviews, ratings, iTunes buzz and feedback for your app.
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,547New Users @ @ @ @ @
    Thanks @ShelShock.

This developer also buys paid written reviews... and uses a service that has accounts that are active. So, nothing Apple can do there... as it is/looks semi-legit.

The ratings though are a clear violation of Review Manipulation. It's all too easy to buy 100 or more at one time. I get the spam emails all the time touting the service, and avoid them. I guess eventually, Apple will catch this developer....

Or not...
  • cirkocirko denmarkPosts: 1New Users Noob
    edited February 2015
    I buy all my reviews from BustedByApple.com i have never had any problems with them, and thanks to them i increase my downloads easy.
  • chuckc192000chuckc192000 FloridaPosts: 385New Users @ @
    cirko wrote: »
    I buy all my reviews from BustedByApple.com i have never had any problems with them, and thanks to them i increase my downloads easy.

This thread had been dead for a year and a half.
  • OurielOhayonOurielOhayon tel avivPosts: 30New Users @
    don t buy Reviews. Apple eventually finds out and in best case removes them, in worst case removes your developer account...not worth it
  • rinku0252rinku0252 BangladeshPosts: 2New Users Noob
    edited May 2015
    if you want to increase you android app reviews please go to http://IAmSellingFakeReviews.com/
    Post edited by UIUs on
  • rinku0252rinku0252 BangladeshPosts: 2New Users Noob
    edited May 2015
    I buy all my reviews from http://IAmCluelessAtSellingFakeReviews.com/ i have never had any problems with them, and thanks to them i increase my downloads easy.
    Post edited by UIUs on
  • andrewhubbardandrewhubbard AustraliaPosts: 6New Users Noob
    Rinku you own that site. Your name is in the contact email. Don't pretend to be a loyal customer recommending them.
  • apppicker.comapppicker.com Posts: 452Registered Users @ @
    Seems he's not happy with been flagged so has flagged the other comments????? He should be banned and the flags of legitimate contributors like @dev666999 be removed. Any bets I get flagged too?))
    apppicker.com top 10 App review site where developers can post videos, place promo codes and announce apps on sale and gone free.
  • anagarciaanagarcia SpainPosts: 10New Users *
    I have tried and very bad experiencie...

Most of the ratings were deleted or didnt appear :-(
  • AlisaLevAlisaLev UkrainePosts: 122New Users @ @
    Just try to buy once a week, different countries and users. Can help somehow.
2»