Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tried buying reviews from fiverr?

I found some great fiverr gigs and I wanted to know if they really works for promotion,
first one I found is this: - Provides 5+ app reviews on US app store + 2 posts on 2 facebook pages and a tweet in his twitter account:
http://5rr.cc/s/3pscu0
and the others provided less reviews but still looks good like this:
http://5rr.cc/s/3ndva5 and others like that..

Did you try it? its good for app promotion? and does users ranks on app store really help to promote it??

Replies

• ShelShockShelShock Posts: 128Registered Users @ @
    You are better off working with a service like Gnome Escape (www.gnomeescape.com) that is known and proven for this kind of marketing. You want real users who want to try your app downloading and leaving a review... not someone who is just paid to write something. There are indeed many benefits to having user feedback associated with your app. Many posts about this channel and some others below.
    Services and Apps I Recommend

Reviews and Ratings are critical to the success of your app. They significantly contribute to your ASO and organic growth.

Gnome Escape is the best way to generate reviews, ratings, iTunes buzz and feedback for your app.
  • scottwbscottwb Posts: 952New Users @ @ @
    I tried the Facebook and twitter guys and they did deliver on the gig but it made zero difference at all.
  • mediaspreemediaspree FloridaPosts: 901Registered Users @ @ @
    I'm a big fan of fiverr, but honestly you "get what you pay for" and for 5 bucks you don't get much. I wouldn't expect any kind of game changing results.
  • MarkMitelMarkMitel Posts: 8New Users
    But i mean different thing, does ranks help so much that you should buy ranks from fiverr people (the first 1 I showed is 1$ per 1 review + bonuses) so its a reasonable price but does ranks really promote your app that much?
  • mediaspreemediaspree FloridaPosts: 901Registered Users @ @ @
    @MarkMitel No, 5 reviews will not boost your rank at all. It might help a "little" bit if you have poor reviews or no reviews for others to see some 5 star ratings...but that is forbidden by Apple. Not that they will ever find out. I would save your 5 bucks and work on getting real reviews by having the best app :)
  • jhonkjjhonkj Posts: 144New Users @ @
    I've heard from a developer here who used Fiverr, and the reviews they got disappeared. the Developer inquired and found from the people, that Apple had been taking down reviews that were generated by fiverr.

(probably not all, but Apple is doing some sort of action with this sort of thing)

I would suggest staying away from such means.
  • raymngraymng Posts: 2,032Registered Users @ @ @ @
    edited January 2013
    jhonkj said:

I've heard from a developer here who used Fiverr, and the reviews they got disappeared. the Developer inquired and found from the people, that Apple had been taking down reviews that were generated by fiverr.

(probably not all, but Apple is doing some sort of action with this sort of thing)

I would suggest staying away from such means.

Yes, that is true.., not sure if Apple would do the same thing for other similar services like Gnome Escape, etc...
  • ComboAppComboApp Chicago, ILPosts: 333New Users @ @
    Be careful with Fiverr. I agree with @mediaspree : you get what you pay for there since the quality of reviews will be low and they might get removed by Apple. You can get 5 reviews from your surrounding - and that will be of more result :)
    ComboApp Marketing & PR Agency<br />
    <a href="http://marketing.comboapp.com"; target="_blank">iPhone App Marketing</a>
    ComboApp said:

Be careful with Fiverr. I agree with @mediaspree : you get what you pay for there since the quality of reviews will be low and they might get removed by Apple. You can get 5 reviews from your surrounding - and that will be of more result :)

How does Apple know it is coming from fiverr?
  • supergsuperg Posts: 58Registered Users @
    raymng said:

How does Apple know it is coming from fiverr?

They don't, but if same guys from Fiverr are reviewing thousands of apps it is easy to trace.
  • ShelShockShelShock Posts: 128Registered Users @ @
    Yeah - not to mention if your first five reviews are little paragraphs that glow about all of the features most users won't notice on the first play. =-)

I'm a big advocate of marketing with effective channels and gathering user feedback is a good strategy... but I'm not so much a fan of "affiliate" marketing tactics like this spreading into the mobile community. Also, note that I said tactics - I realize that Fiverr is not an affiliate network.
    Services and Apps I Recommend

Reviews and Ratings are critical to the success of your app. They significantly contribute to your ASO and organic growth.

Gnome Escape is the best way to generate reviews, ratings, iTunes buzz and feedback for your app.
  • RichardStephenRichardStephen Posts: 67New Users @
    edited January 2013
    I think paying on Fiverr have no effects. You wont see any difference for the site. So be careful before buying reviews on fiverr.
    Hitch your app to the top with well planned and executed iPhone app marketing strategy - <a href="http://www.dotcominfoway.com/mobile-application-development/mobile-apps-marketing/iphone">; Click here </a> to know more about it!

5 reviews and downloads won't get you anywhere, however 5 reviews are more than 0.
    If you don't mind the 5 bucks, do it if you can't get reviews otherwise.

I don't think Apple will delete anything. They don't even delete reported spam written as "reviews".

I don't think, anybody on Fiverr can make so many reviews that it gets suspicious, so I call BS on that.

You are wrong, Apple did delete reviews... so be careful for your new service.
  • NSString255NSString255 Posts: 84New Users @
    Be careful in buying reviews from fiverr. i had some bad experiences where i bought like 20 reviews, and then in like 1 week they were removed. Not sure if apple removed them or the fiverr user, but just be careful.
  • AppPiggyAppPiggy Posts: 25New Users
    You can join "Swapp Reviews" on facebook. Seems like a very easy system to get lots of reviews from other app owners.
    You just need to do the same for them.
  • blacktino79blacktino79 Posts: 6New Users
    Absolute best place to get reviews is here http://fiverr.com/givemeapps/place-your-app-in-our-high-traffic-app-directory-promote-it-on-social-media-and-do-a-video-review

You'll get a video review, written review plus posts on social media. It's worth checking out.
  • esaelesael Posts: 19New Users
    I tried. Doesn't work. They got removed and also it doesn't look real. Won't be doing it again.
  • supergsuperg Posts: 58Registered Users @
    esael said:

I tried. Doesn't work. They got removed and also it doesn't look real. Won't be doing it again.

Your Fiverr reviews were removed? Did you buy from most popular providers or some new ones? Just wondering if Apple has blacklisted some of the most popular service providers - or all of them.
  • RedStripeRedStripe San Francisco, CAPosts: 63New Users @
    If it's FB Likes, Twitter followers or app ratings, they will figure it out eventually. Not worth doing.
  • danescholiordanescholior USAPosts: 1New Users Noob
    MarkMitel wrote: »
    I found some great fiverr gigs and I wanted to know if they really works for promotion,<br />
    first one I found is this: - Provides 5+ app reviews on US app store + 2 posts on 2 facebook pages and a tweet in his twitter account:<br />
    http://5rr.cc/s/3pscu0<br />
    and the others provided less reviews but still looks good like this:<br />
    http://5rr.cc/s/3ndva5 and others like that..<br />
    <br />
    Did you try it? its good for app promotion? and does users ranks on app store really help to promote it??

I buy them from http://www.5spot.ca its more worth your wild there because alot of freelancers are switching to it anyway based on its commission free website
  • KarlJayKarlJay Posts: 437Registered Users @ @
    One of the changes to the ranking system was supposed to address this. They are somehow tracking how long a person uses the app and counting that towards the rankings.

These people are probably just downloading, reviewing, deleting.

The review system sucks anyways, how many apps have 5 stars and 1 stars, this has become meaningless to the consumer, it's just more spam.
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,567New Users @ @ @ @ @
    Apple wants to be the next Amazon.com where 80% of the reviews are faked.

Oh wait... they already are ;)
  • Ehsan MahmoodEhsan Mahmood Posts: 28New Users @
    edited September 2013
    Well i think there is no issue with fiverr gigs, but you need to find right gig. I have good experience with fiverr.
  • varcharvarchar NYCPosts: 138Registered Users @ @
    Be careful with fake reviews. Yes it will give you positive reviews but app users are not stupid these days. They realize what is a real review versus a fake review.
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,567New Users @ @ @ @ @
    Apple tracks and removes fake reviews.