Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ASO Tools - Searchman and AppStoreRanking

I have been evaluating some of the ASO tools out there and I am really starting to question their data. I have been looking at appstorerankings.net and SearchMan.com and I notice that they display information that I don't believe Apple discloses.

Initially I was looking for the same information from Apple through their public search api or the rss feeds but most of those resources are limited to 200 results. When I got to the tools mentioned above they show me my search result ranking that is well beyond the limit Apple has put on the resources they provide.

Searchman goes a step further and even shows competitor keywords, which again I don't think the data is even publicly available.

I want to use one of these tools but I really question how valid the data is that they are selling us.

Thank you for your time.

Replies

• scottwbscottwb Posts: 952New Users @ @ @
    appstorerankings show competitor keywords as well. appstorerankings have a very clever, almost perfect system to get the keywords. I think I know how they do it but I am not discussing here as that is their IP.
  • raymngraymng Posts: 2,046Registered Users @ @ @ @
    scottwb said:

appstorerankings show competitor keywords as well. appstorerankings have a very clever, almost perfect system to get the keywords. I think I know how they do it but I am not discussing here as that is their IP.

Hi, have you tried the most expensive service offered by Appstorerankings? It can suggest keywords automatically. I would like to try, but it is quite expensive..
  • TouchmintTouchmint Tempe, AZPosts: 823Registered Users @ @ @
    raymng said:

scottwb said:

Hi, have you tried the most expensive service offered by Appstorerankings? It can suggest keywords automatically. I would like to try, but it is quite expensive..

I find it weird they could understand who you are targeting in your app unless they do a full review of your app and use it to make the decision.
    raymng said:

I have tried it and it is very good. But I can't afford that plan every month so I just go with the middle plan.
  • raymngraymng Posts: 2,046Registered Users @ @ @ @
    scottwb said:

raymng said:

I have tried it and it is very good. But I can't afford that plan every month so I just go with the middle plan.
    So it can really suggest some keywords that helps to increase your download counts?
    Thanks.
    raymng said:

So it can really suggest some keywords that helps to increase your download counts?
    Thanks.

There are no guarantees. You need to judge if you think the suggestions are any good or not.
  • incentifyincentify Posts: 6New Users Noob
    I am having the same question and the problem. The whole topic of keyword and ranking is so mysterious and confusing and frustrating.
  • felipewatanabefelipewatanabe São Paulo / BrazilPosts: 152Registered Users @ @
    edited April 2013
    AppStoreRankings do a very good work mapping apps' keywords. For me, it's all about running endless queries based on common wordlists, dictionaries and some clever algorithms to check which apps respond to every query they make.

About their suggestion tool, check their blog. I've seen a video where they give a brief explanation about it. Very clever indeed, but I don't think it can do much better than yourself using their tools to check and pick competitors keywords and some work to improve them.
    Head of Marketing at Tapps Games