Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Social Media campaign increase app sales?

2»

Replies

• apppicker.comapppicker.com Posts: 452Registered Users @ @
    Is approved for staff review. You will get email the second it is published. 3-4 days
    apppicker.com top 10 App review site where developers can post videos, place promo codes and announce apps on sale and gone free.
  • sanyam61sanyam61 Posts: 96New Users @
    can you cancel the duplicate entry please? Plus i don't have paypal, Is there any other ways to buy the promo from a credit/debit card?
    edited March 2013
    No problem, I have canceled it. Our system should allow you pay through paypal even if you don't have a paypal account. It's a business account.
    You are better off waiting until after the staff review is published to get maximum benefit from a reader review. Save your $5 until then. That way, when someone reads the reader review they will also see the staff review and the iTunes details all on the same page. Even better if you have a video. All content matched up.
    apppicker.com top 10 App review site where developers can post videos, place promo codes and announce apps on sale and gone free.
    Thanks a lot :-) I would definately do the same
    You can send link to video file through your profile.
    The thing about marketing is that only 50% of it works. The difficult part is knowing which 50%.

If you are seriously launching an app with little or no budget then you are going to find it very hard to compete with apps that spend money on promotion.

1. Social media buzz is ALL about generating awareness. Momentum will vary on the quality of your app. If a few people try it out as a result of your buzz, then word will spread. However, if the app is not good, the news will not go viral.
    2. FREE review websites that charge for reviews aren't FREE. There are many sites that don't charge and therefore ARE free.
    3. Keyword optimization is not a GAME. If you ignore the temptation to push irrelevant but popular words, and stick to what is specific to your app, then over the long run ( and marketing is a long run campaign), your app will show up at the top as a consequence of CTR's. "Education, language, learning," are your starting words.

After that you need to contact blogs, facebook groups, education societies.....everyone related to your app theme asking feedback, offering promo codes ( if your app is a paid one) and generally engaging with related forums.
    The above post was written 5 hours ago but was awaiting moderation so it looks out of context. Advice still applies
    I am applying these techniques. Researching appropriate groups, blogs and forums where i can participate. Meantime i am working for a good quality review. You are right it's what a quality of app which speaks itself
  • tcunningtcunning Posts: 6New Users
    I just submitted one of my apps for review to apppicker.com :)
    tcunning said:

I just submitted one of my apps for review to apppicker.com :)

I see you joined but you need to click the activation link in the email.

@tcunning

Its really worth to do it. I yesterday submitted one of mine to apppicker and now waiting for the review. keeping fingers crossed.
    I read the review done by apppicker, it was worth though i did get few installs only but still i feel something better than nothing. Now again i am back to square one. I read all the techniques and tools people used to promote their apps. no luck.
    As I point out a few times in this forum, a review by any site will give you very few instant downloads unless it's a game app reviewed by one of the top 2 game app review sites.
    1. When did you tweet about it? What is your facebook fan page? Have you added the mention "As reviewed by AppPicker" to your app description on iTunes?
    I do have a facebook page, I have tweeted about the day you reviewed by a hash tag of apppicker and a short link to it. Yet to mention what you have said about apppicker.
    We find a review gets 200 reads the 1st few days and falls to 1-2 a day after that. If we tweet the review, it gets 2,000 views then falls to 20 a day after that for several months. Those figures can go up to 10,000 views in the 1st few days then 50 a day for a month or so. Facebook, stumbleupon, delicious etc also increase the exposure.

As I advise here often, developers need to leverage each and every exposure their apps get to increase market awareness and I see you have been getting friends and co workers to comment on the review. I think you get the idea now. We liked your app and it does deserve to succeed. Marketing is a long term objective and I think you will succeed if you continue spreading the word. Get a video done. Our app comes out in a few weeks and the videos look really cool on it.
  • concealedidentityconcealedidentity Posts: 28New Users @

We find a review gets 200 reads the 1st few days and falls to 1-2 a day after that. If we tweet the review, it gets 2,000 views then falls to 20 a day after that for several months. Those figures can go up to 10,000 views in the 1st few days then 50 a day for a month or so. Facebook, stumbleupon, delicious etc also increase the exposure.

As I advise here often, developers need to leverage each and every exposure their apps get to increase market awareness and I see you have been getting friends and co workers to comment on the review. I think you get the idea now. We liked your app and it does deserve to succeed. Marketing is a long term objective and I think you will succeed if you continue spreading the word. Get a video done. Our app comes out in a few weeks and the videos look really cool on it.

Do you have any criteria for tweeting about any app because you mentioned if you tweet about the review so I was wondering if there is any standard for tweeting about a particular app ? Also, can you please explain the case when the figures can go up to 10K views in the 1st few days of the review ?
    I read the reviews of the 31 apps, the 4 "best of lists" and the 2 news items that we publish each day and select 16 tweets that I think would be the most interesting to attract visitors. We also have lists of iphone and ipad apps gone free and on sale for that day.
    It's hard to predict which will do well and it depends on retweets for added exposure to some degree. Our list of the best apps for nurses went on around twitter for weeks attracting 20,000 views. Other stuff can just fall flat without trace. We notify every developer when a review is published. 20% say thanks and tweet about it. That multiplies the views.
    The benefit of sharing the review in social media converts to an SEO gain for both us and the developer.
2»