Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Social Media campaign increase app sales?

Hi All,

I am new to this community and have found a lot of articles related to app-promotion and techniques which are always hit and trial for developers. I have very less resource as to make my application visible and reach the target market. i have done a lot of research and conclude to several points.

1. social media buzz and promotion techniques doesn't increase sales as expected, momentum is really slow.
2. FREE app review websites sends a reply back related to the packages they are offering then how come they are FREE.
3. Keyword optimization is a GAME which works at times but then with new iOS6 App-store update ASO is quite different than it was earlier.

I want to know certain guirela marketing techniques or free sources by which i can make my application sales become better, As it is related to education and language learning i feel it should have worked better in English speaking countries.

Any help will be grateful

Replies

• apppicker.comapppicker.com Posts: 452Registered Users @ @
    sanyam61 said:

2. FREE app review websites sends a reply back related to the packages they are offering then how come they are FREE.

Which sites are these?
    apppicker.com top 10 App review site where developers can post videos, place promo codes and announce apps on sale and gone free.
  • sanyam61sanyam61 Posts: 96New Users @
    148 apps.com
    That's very interesting.........they claim to be a founder member of OATS http://www.gotoats.org/whatis.php
    which says they never charge for a review. Here is what they say on their site "148Apps is a founding member of the Organization for App Testing Standards, an organization devoted to editorial ethics. We take the mission of OATS very seriously"

I actually wrote to join that organization as AppPicker very much agrees with this idea but they never replied.

apppicker.com top 10 App review site where developers can post videos, place promo codes and announce apps on sale and gone free.
  • concealedidentityconcealedidentity Posts: 28New Users @
    @Sanyam61:

As someone on this forum rightly mentioned that marketing cannot be done overnight. You have to be patient even to get the tiny amount of success. The hit & trial method means that you will need to make continous changes and see their effect. I know its easier said than done but there is no guarantee method which will work. If there was then I don't think there was any need of this forum.

Indeed though it is quite confidential but i can post their reply here so that atleast people would know how FREE relates to their discounts and packages they sell. I do put a lot of efforts reaching in and out to make my application visible but in a month just 77 downloads.
    @concealedidentity I know what you mean, Success cant be achieved overnight but am sure hardwork pays. i just need some help :-)
    sanyam61 said:

Indeed though it is quite confidential but i can post their reply here so that atleast people would know how FREE relates to their discounts and packages they sell.

It would be interesting to see how far away from their claims the truth is.

I sent the detailed description and related fields to their website on an id review.monkey@148apps.com.

This is the reply they sent to me:

Hi Sanyam,

Thanks for your e-mail - it’s been forwarded to us by our editorial team.

Congratulations on the release of LingoDiction - Language learning Redefined! I'm writing in case you might be interested in hearing about our advertising options. Steel Media run the advertising for the majority of the leading Smartphone sites, and as you’ve e-mailed us, you clearly feel that we’re a good match for promoting your release!

Don't worry if your budget is limited - we have a great range of options. We handle advertising for sites like Pocket Gamer, Gamezebo, AppAdvice, AppSpy and 148Apps - among many others. If you want more information on the packages that are available for each of these sites, I can send over a media pack - it will also detail all the pricing.

If you already have plans to market your release, I can even suggest some focused campaigns that could help it to find your ideal audience.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,

Damien Mulhall
    How can i consider such a reply from their side, when they are 148 apps.com the reply comes back from steelmedia or so. How come other advertising company reply to my mail on their behalf unless they have some collaboration with others to promote their business.
    ok, but they don't charge for reviews. That's really the important part.

All sites need to generate some income or they can't stay in business. I don't agree with these methods but nothing terribly wrong with it. I do press releases through PRMac and get replies like "Thank you for submitting your app for review to us through PRMac, we liked your app and would review it. We charge $79 for a review and $129 for an expedited review".

Funny as we don't yet have an app and my press release was about an App review website. Sloppy business from them.
    @apppicker.com

How can i submit my application on your website? Is it FREE? how soon the reply to be expected? I am keen to know about such! i cannot see submission page but a contact page on your website.
    On the contact page is a drop down box for selecting "Join the AppPicker developer member area". It's free to join but we had to make it membership only as we were getting 100+ review requests, many of which were duplicate requests and other nonsense. You will get an invitation in an email and you then activate your membership by clicking the link.

Staff reviews are free but no guarantee of a review.
    Videos on our site are free.
    Interviews are free
    Developer announcements are free ( subject to editorial approval)
    sanyam61 said:

@apppicker.com

how soon the reply to be expected? .

Replies are same day ( within 24 hours)

I hope it helps and i see a positive sight to it :-) just an advice how about testimonials from the developers on your website or Have i missed it?
    Why we need testimonials from developers? Our responsibility is 100% to our readers.
    The reason we don't charge for reviews is that we wish to remain 100% independent in our editorial section. As owner, I never influence our team of writers in what they say about any of the apps they review. The only thing I do is not publish a damning review of an app from a small developer, rather forward the feedback to the developer. If we review a top app from a top business and the app is bad.....we say that on our site. I feel the big companies should have a good app.
    i think i have used the incorrect term i revisited your website and saw about READERS review.

kind apologies
    No problem. That's the only paid part of the site with the $5 going in prizes to our readers. We saw it as 2nd option for apps we can't review
    sanyam61 said:

i think i have used the incorrect term i revisited your website and saw about READERS review.

kind apologies

We are changing our comment format so that all comments on your apps will appear in your member area. With 750,000 pages on our site it is difficult to monitor everything. Our idea is that it will give developers an opportunity to reply to any comments made by our readers, good or bad.

That is interesting, could you tell me what should i mention in the box while submitting the application for review in staff's review section apart from the application description? Some other points which i MUST mention?
    Is ok, usually we expect a description of your app so we can get an idea 1st. Our system than allows us to see the iTunes page for more information. I already looked so I will approve your app for review when you submit.
    Thank you so very much :-)
    sanyam61 said:

Thank you so very much :-)

Welcome, I see you tried to do reader review. They are not free.
    I have approved your app for staff review. You can submit in that section

I have submitted my application for staff's review. I can see it in history of submissions :-)
    I see it