Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Facebook Mobile App Install ads

Replies

• dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,554New Users @ @ @ @ @
    Are you guys seeing a positive ROI per install...IAP, Ads, and/or a combo of both?
  • IconicDigitalIconicDigital LondonPosts: 469Registered Users @ @
    How does Facebook CPI work in terms of paid apps. I have an app that is $4.99 can I get installs of less than $2 on Facebook and pocket the difference?
    Photo Editing IPhone & IPad - ImageLab
    Photo Editing IPhone & IPad - PixelPoint
    Live Video Editing On Your IPhone - Video FX+
    London Photography - London Photography
    Voucher Codes & Offers - SocialOffer.co.uk Voucher Codes
  • felipewatanabefelipewatanabe São Paulo / BrazilPosts: 152Registered Users @ @
    @dev666999 These 0.08 USD installs came from countries with a low ARPU and therefore it was not positive. But we're still testing, I believe that's possible depending on your app/game.

@IconicDigital We haven't tested it for paid apps yet and you got me curious. If you do that test, let me know how that performs.
    Head of Marketing at Tapps Games
  • flatheadarcadeflatheadarcade seattlePosts: 6New Users Noob
    How does this compare to other companies (chartboost et al)?
  • chemistrychemistry Posts: 534Registered Users @ @ @

a lot cheaper.
  • flatheadarcadeflatheadarcade seattlePosts: 6New Users Noob
    chemistry wrote: »

a lot cheaper.

Which is cheaper? Chartboost?
  • ComboAppComboApp Chicago, ILPosts: 333New Users @ @
    No, FB Mobile App Install Ads is cheaper since at the end of the day it comes down to the size of an audience you are, as a platform, is capable to expose an app and how well can you target it. Clearly somebody in Facebook saw a good opportunity to calm down people's worries about the FB stocks prices by launching such effective solution ;-)
    ComboApp Marketing & PR Agency<br />
    <a href="http://marketing.comboapp.com&quot; target="_blank">iPhone App Marketing</a>
  • HappyByteHappyByte Posts: 343New Users @ @
    dobry wrote: »
    I tried Facebook ads for my freemium app which has the Facebook SDK included. I offered $0.11 CPI in a specific country. Because there were no impressions after some bid increases I used option "Automatically optimize for actions". Then I got impressions, but first install did cost me $6.50 (WTF!!). I switched then to $2 CPM and in the end I had 800 impressions, 3 installs and $2.70 CPI for my free app :-(

That's exactly demonstrates what I wrote about.
    edited September 2013
    Try some better segmentation. For one of our games I'm doing now less than $0.05 per install in Brazil. About 10% CTR with 30% install rate. Managed to get ~12% CTR and 50% install rate during some tests, but they were not much scalable.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm using "manually bid for clicks" option which I found to be the best way to control the expenses and installs.
    Post edited by felipewatanabe on
  • lordkevlordkev Posts: 4New Users Noob
    Try some better segmentation. For one of our games I'm doing now less than $0.05 per install in Brazil. About 10% CTR with 30% install rate. Managed to get ~12% CTR and 50% install rate during some tests, but they were not much scalable.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm using "manually bid for clicks" option which I found to be the best way to control the expenses and installs.

Would you mind sharing an example of how you've segmented to achieve those results? I've gotten so-so results so far, but nothing great. Sounds like you pretty much have it nailed!
    edited September 2013
    lordkev wrote: »
    Would you mind sharing an example of how you've segmented to achieve those results? I've gotten so-so results so far, but nothing great. Sounds like you pretty much have it nailed!

First of all, Brazil is a huge market for a game similar to the one I'm advertising. Doing some research I gathered information about gender, age and related interests to target precisely the people I want. From that, you'd want to test as many copies and graphics as you can to find the one with best conversion. Testing CPM and CPC options is good as well.

I've been polishing that same ad and now I have ~9% CTR and 80% install rate. Cost per install is averaging at $0.034 (yes, less than 4 cents).
    Post edited by felipewatanabe on
  • misterkotmisterkot Posts: 4New Users Noob
    I've been polishing that same ad and now I have ~9% CTR and 80% install rate. Cost per install is averaging at $0.034 (yes, less than 4 cents).

These are great results, even for Brazil. I wonder how large are your campaigns? 1k per day? 10k per day?
  • misterkotmisterkot Posts: 4New Users Noob
    edited September 2013
    I ran a campaign for a Bingo game for iPad yesterday. Targeted at mid-aged women in US 30+, the audience that most likely play bingo. I managed to get 2-3% CTR and the CPI is as high as $2-4 per install, for a large scale campaign of $5k per day, which is quite high...

I'm running oCPM campaigns. The Avg. Price is a shocking $27.89 CPM! Orders of magnitude higher that any ad network eCPM.
    edited September 2013
    @misterkot, not really that big. Just enough to make it stand out a little and now our downloads are pretty much all organic. Currently ranking #2 Top Free Game and #3 Overall Free App in Brazil. Within the top 10 free games list in 40+ countries.
  • raymngraymng Posts: 2,002Registered Users @ @ @ @
    edited October 2013
    @misterkot, not really that big. Just enough to make it stand out a little and now our downloads are pretty much all organic. Currently ranking #2 Top Free Game and #3 Overall Free App in Brazil. Within the top 10 free games list in 40+ countries.

What should be done in order to increase organic downloads? Any tricks?
    Thanks.
    raymng wrote: »
    What should be done in order to increase organic downloads? Any tricks?Thanks.

In our case, the volume of paid installs were just enough to get us to the top of rankings quickly.
    Not much secret after that, just visibility.

We had a drop in downloads (predictable after the first week), but we're still ranking #5 in Brazil with barely any investment at all.
  • tomgood887tomgood887 Posts: 126New Users @ @
    How does Facebook CPI work in terms of paid apps. I have an app that is $4.99 can I get installs of less than $2 on Facebook and pocket the difference?
    also earger to know if facebook works on paid app.

• mediaspreemediaspree FloridaPosts: 901Registered Users @ @ @
    Earlier this year I achieved a #2 ranking in the paid entertainment category in 3 days using facebook mobile app install ads. The app was priced at .99. Here was the breakdown

1,435 installs
    $3,104.53 - total spent
    $2.16 - Cost per install

So, I would say its hard to break even or even make a profit with a paid app
  • Jake28Jake28 Posts: 71New Users @
    Does anyone know how I can track installs and IAPs that have come from Facebook install adds in Google Analytics?
    raymng wrote: »
    What should be done in order to increase organic downloads? Any tricks?Thanks.

In our case, the volume of paid installs were just enough to get us to the top of rankings quickly.
    Not much secret after that, just visibility.

We had a drop in downloads (predictable after the first week), but we're still ranking #5 in Brazil with barely any investment at all.

I see, so fb ads are used to climb to chart, but how do you measure the money is worth to spend?
    If I want 8k-10k installs per day, do you think I can achieve this target for a low price?
  • tymextymex Posts: 26Registered Users @
    I would recommend MobileAppTracking to track the return on your investment: http://www.mobileapptracking.com
    Apsalar is also providing a way to track revenue of users coming from FB Ads.
  • tomgood887tomgood887 Posts: 126New Users @ @
    mediaspree wrote: »
    Earlier this year I achieved a #2 ranking in the paid entertainment category in 3 days using facebook mobile app install ads. The app was priced at .99. Here was the breakdown

1,435 installs
    $3,104.53 - total spent
    $2.16 - Cost per install

what if the app is 3.99 without iap?
  • panzeritipanzeriti United StatesPosts: 769Registered Users @ @ @
    tomgood887 wrote: »
    mediaspree wrote: »

1,435 installs
    $3,104.53 - total spent
    $2.16 - Cost per install

what if the app is 3.99 without iap?

I would assume the CPI would be greater on a more expensive app, as less people would be willing to DL it. But, it probably boils down to the app itself and how you sell it. I have been wanting to try this on a $4.99 app I have for some time now, just haven't been able to get to it.

@raymng, I plan the investment based on the ARPU of our apps.

Last week was very interesting by the way. I managed to get an impressively positive ROI using FB Ads buying some thousands of installs in Germany, Spain, Italy and Brazil. This Sunday I paid an average of $0.0288/install.
    @raymng, I plan the investment based on the ARPU of our apps.

Last week was very interesting by the way. I managed to get an impressively positive ROI using FB Ads buying some thousands of installs in Germany, Spain, Italy and Brazil. This Sunday I paid an average of $0.0288/install.

$0.0288 is really low, any tricks to achieve this?