Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Facebook Mobile App Install ads

13»

Replies

• StormFactoryStormFactory Posts: 49Registered Users @
    @tomgood887 - Yes. You can be ROI positive on Facebook Mobile App Install Ads for paid apps. I have an app that is $1.99. We ran ads that averaged approximately $0.90 per install. Since we don't have the Facebook SDK installed, that cost is averaged based on our install volume on days we advertised versus days we did not. The net of the app purchase was $1.40 so we netted $0.50 per paid install and we were able to get to the Top 15 of the paid charts in News in the U.S. store beating out 60 Minutes!

@felipewatanabe - Those are great numbers. Are you localizing the ad campaigns in those markets?
  • felipewatanabefelipewatanabe São Paulo / BrazilPosts: 152Registered Users @ @
    @raymng, not really. The game itself is very appealing for some people, it was just a matter of finding a good creative and targeting right.

@StormFactory, yes, they're translated for each language (german, russian, spanish, italian, portuguese and so on).
    Head of Marketing at Tapps Games
  • tomgood887tomgood887 Posts: 126New Users @ @
    @tomgood887 - Yes. You can be ROI positive on Facebook Mobile App Install Ads for paid apps. I have an app that is $1.99. We ran ads that averaged approximately $0.90 per install. Since we don't have the Facebook SDK installed, that cost is averaged based on our install volume on days we advertised versus days we did not. The net of the app purchase was $1.40 so we netted $0.50 per paid install and we were able to get to the Top 15 of the paid charts in News in the U.S. store beating out 60 Minutes!

@felipewatanabe - Those are great numbers. Are you localizing the ad campaigns in those markets?

@StormFactory - thanks for your experience share. Can I take it for granted that app with price that higher than $1.99 is deserve to try on facebook mobile install ads? I mean the price is high, but the possibility of a user to click and purchase this app is relative small, right? not sure if it's such situation.
    And for this case, what' the best everage ads spend out per day to get an outstanding changes in ranking? Is 10$ per day too moderate?
    Do you still pay on facebook for your 1.99 app every day till now?
  • raymngraymng Posts: 2,002Registered Users @ @ @ @

When you increase daily cap, can you still maintain $0.9 per install?
  • DurnkPorductionDurnkPorduction Posts: 89Registered Users @
    Hi guys,
    I'm testing this thoroughly, right now I'm able to achieve $0.03 per CLICK directly to appstore, the game is free, but I dont have that facebook code installed, so I dont know the real CPI. I'll install it in my next update.

But getting $0.03 per click is pretty AMAZING! I'll start a campaign for one of my paid apps, so I'll have more info soon.

You know what I'm wondering - is it possible (with a huge budget) to get like 50-70 000 free downloads per day?
    That would drive one to usa top 25 overall!
    www.irealgun.com
    Hi guys,
    I'm testing this thoroughly, right now I'm able to achieve $0.03 per CLICK directly to appstore, the game is free, but I dont have that facebook code installed, so I dont know the real CPI. I'll install it in my next update.

But getting $0.03 per click is pretty AMAZING! I'll start a campaign for one of my paid apps, so I'll have more info soon.

You know what I'm wondering - is it possible (with a huge budget) to get like 50-70 000 free downloads per day?

Why you think $0.03 per click is great if you don't know what is your cpi..
  • mediaspreemediaspree FloridaPosts: 901Registered Users @ @ @

What do you think the guys in the top 25 are doing right now? ;)

• DurnkPorductionDurnkPorduction Posts: 89Registered Users @
    raymng wrote: »

I got roughly around 90-95% of installs, based on my stats before the promotion.
    (200 installs per day before facebook, 1000 installs per day with facebook, 830 facebook clicks..)

That is approx. of course, but I'm pretty satisfied.

I'm testing with paid apps now.

www.irealgun.com
    raymng wrote: »

I got roughly around 90-95% of installs, based on my stats before the promotion.
    (200 installs per day before facebook, 1000 installs per day with facebook, 830 facebook clicks..)

That is approx. of course, but I'm pretty satisfied.

I'm testing with paid apps now.

90-95% install rate seems to be impossible, some installs must be organic.
  • StormFactoryStormFactory Posts: 49Registered Users @
    @tomgood887 - It all depends on what your goals are. I only run the ads for a day or two to move the app up the chart when the organic installs need a little boost. Since I don't have the Facebook SDK installed in that version of the app, I'm holding off on doing anything more involved until the next app update with their SDK integrated.

@raymng - I think if I increase my daily spend I would be able to get the price down once Facebook SDK is installed. Even without knowing what @DurnkPorduction's CPI is, I agree that $0.03 per click is awesome! Let's even assume a low Install Rate of 5%. He'd be looking at only $0.60 per install.

@Mediaspree - Distimo's latest report shows 72,000 daily installs should get you into the Top 25 Overall Free Apps chart in the U.S.
  • wootwoot1234wootwoot1234 USAPosts: 1New Users Noob
    @felipewatanabe do you split each ad into it's own campaign for testing or do you run multiple versions of the same ad in one campaign. I've read that some people don't trust FB's algorithm. What do you do?
  • felipewatanabefelipewatanabe São Paulo / BrazilPosts: 152Registered Users @ @
    @wootwoot1234 I like to test them separately, but I usually have all my creatives within the same campaign and go pausing and resuming each of them (you might want to come up with a methodology so you don't screw up your data) until I find the best performing ones by myself.

Just to add, the price of installs increased significantly through November and December and installs for less than 3 cents have been uncommon for most markets. I'm now between 4 and 13 cents per install, depending on the country.
    Head of Marketing at Tapps Games
  • billykbillyk Posts: 103New Users @ @
    @felipewatanabe, would you mind sharing which countries do you promote? I can never get this low CPI. Most of the time it's between 25 to more than 50 cents.

Also do you use oCPM or CPA? Thanks.
    @wootwoot1234 I like to test them separately, but I usually have all my creatives within the same campaign and go pausing and resuming each of them (you might want to come up with a methodology so you don't screw up your data) until I find the best performing ones by myself.

Just to add, the price of installs increased significantly through November and December and installs for less than 3 cents have been uncommon for most markets. I'm now between 4 and 13 cents per install, depending on the country.

$0.13 is still a low number, you mentioned it is important to find a good creative and targeting right, any more tips?
    Thanks.
  • DesignerXDesignerX Posts: 29New Users @
    Hi all
    Facebook states that cost per install/action is not an option until 'download history' can be established, using the cost per clicks payment method. I take this to mean cost per clicks is the only option until you can prove your app generates a certain number of downloads. How many downloads do you need before you can pay by cost per install? I would really appreciate your help!
    edited January 2014
    DesignerX wrote: »
    Hi all
    Facebook states that cost per install/action is not an option until 'download history' can be established, using the cost per clicks payment method. I take this to mean cost per clicks is the only option until you can prove your app generates a certain number of downloads. How many downloads do you need before you can pay by cost per install? I would really appreciate your help!

I think the only requirement of using CPA is to have Facebook SDK integrated to track installs.

I did not get CPA at the beginning and then I raised a "bug request" to Facebook support asking for it. They replied to me that they were rolling it out to developers gradually and asked me to wait. Then after a few days I got it.

I don't know whether it's because I raised that "bug" or it happened to be my turn in their rollout plan. May be you can give it a try.

BTW apart from CPA and CPC, you can also use oCPM.
    Post edited by billyk on
    billyk wrote: »
    DesignerX wrote: »
    Hi all

I think the only requirement of using CPA is to have Facebook SDK integrated to track installs.

I did not get CPA at the beginning and then I raised a "bug request" to Facebook support asking for it. They replied to me that they were rolling it out to developers gradually and asked me to wait. Then after a few days I got it.

I don't know whether it's because I raised that "bug" or it happened to be my turn in their rollout plan. May be you can give it a try.

BTW apart from CPA and CPC, you can also use oCPM.

Hi Billyk

Thanks for your answer.

This is what I read on Facebook, about 'quality install history'.
    Cost per Action bidding: If you are measuring installs with the Facebook or Third Party SDK and have quality install history on Facebook, you can bid on a cost per acquisition (CPA) model.

Optimized CPM bidding: This is an effective option for advertisers and developers who are measuring installs but don’t yet have quality install history on Facebook.

Perhaps this condition was put in place after you installed your sdk and started using CPA. Have you been using facebook mobile ad installs long?

If I'm not allowed CPA I'll take your tip and put in a bug request !thanks :)

@DesignerX

I did use Facebook Ad before to drive install and so may be that's the reason too. Yet I think there is no harm you raise a bug request there. I can't see any reason why they'd want to reject a developer to buy Ad. ;)
    billyk wrote: »
    @DesignerX

I did use Facebook Ad before to drive install and so may be that's the reason too. Yet I think there is no harm you raise a bug request there. I can't see any reason why they'd want to reject a developer to buy Ad. ;)

Thanks Billy of responding :)
13»