Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone noticed sales drop after Google banned iTunes from Google Search?

HappyByteHappyByte Posts: 317New Users @ @
Please, tell if your sales dropped after Google has removed iTunes links from the search.
· ·

Replies

• AppVersalAppVersal Posts: 112Registered Users @ @
    It's not that Google has removed iTunes links from their search results. They are still there, but it clearly appears that the ranks for iTunes links have been dropped which is why some of the Apps don't appear as the very top result.

It should not have such a huge impact on your sales, but it could lead to minor loss of sales as many people still search Google for Apps by the App name, then go on to the iTunes URL and download the App from there instead of searching for Apps via the App Store itself.
    iPhone and iPad App Marketing That "Just Works" - AppVersal<br />
    <a href="http://appversal.com" target="_blank">http://AppVersal.com</a>;
    · ·
  • HappyByteHappyByte Posts: 317New Users @ @
    edited April 2013
    One of my app searched in Google 10% times of downloads a month with a request like "_word_ app" and just "_word_" did bring a much bigger traffic. Taking volumes into account even 10% might be quite a thing. Especially if those 10% will affect rank positions, that could lead to even bigger impact.
    Post edited by HappyByte on
    · ·
    And, what's most important, is that iTunes links on some keywords were much higher in search results than developer site on these keywords. In a normal way a site of small developer is hard to push high in search output. That brought additional users, that were searching not your app, but a releated thing or something similar.
    · ·
  • YoshkowYoshkow Victoria, B.C., CanadaPosts: 164Registered Users @ @
    I'm not presupposing that I represent the majority; however, I frequently look for apps in Google. Someone tells me about an app whose name s/he doesn't remember. I google relevant keywords along with "itunes" or "iOS". I find the exact name and memorize the icon and go look for it in the App Store on my device. I hate trying to find an app directly in the App Store. The new king-of-the-hill approach to the App Store is not conducive to app discovery.
    Try [url="http://in.tapfortap.com/j"Tap for Tap[/url] - the cross-promotion exchange and monetization platform for mobile app developers.
    · ·
    Yoshkow said:

I'm not presupposing that I represent the majority; however, I frequently look for apps in Google. Someone tells me about an app whose name s/he doesn't remember. I google relevant keywords along with "itunes" or "iOS". I find the exact name and memorize the icon and go look for it in the App Store on my device. I hate trying to find an app directly in the App Store. The new king-of-the-hill approach to the App Store is not conducive to app discovery.

Agree. App discovery in iTunes is now poor.
    · ·
  • bakburnerbakburner Posts: 58Registered Users
    I dropped to Page 2 for my app name in Google the last couple weeks, then noticed today ITunes back to the first page in the #3 spot. Good news.
    · ·
    Good news, pal!
    Mine is at #10 at the bottom of the first page.
    Hope it will go up back soon :)
    · ·
  • jhonkjjhonkj Posts: 100New Users @ @
    hmmm, noticed the same thing... i wonder what happened at Google? same phrase was put in a week ago did not turn up any results, today back to normal....

i wonder if someone got an anti-trust scenario letter :)
    · ·
  • raymngraymng Posts: 1,870Registered Users @ @ @ @
    Sale drop, but no idea what's the reason.
    · ·
  • IconicDigitalIconicDigital Posts: 416Registered Users @ @
    Yeah, a few people have noticed a decrease in sales/downloads both on here and on the official apple forum.
    Photo Editing IPhone & IPad - ImageLab
    Photo Editing IPhone & IPad - PixelPoint
    Live Video Editing On Your IPhone - Video FX+
    London Photography - London Photography
    Voucher Codes & Offers - SocialOffer.co.uk Voucher Codes
    · ·