Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Types of IAP

Does anyone have any stats (link to blogs or from your own experience) on what type of IAP are the best performers? What I mean by type would be things like "remove ads", unlock new characters, skip levels, power ups, buy coins.... which ones convert the best?

One more question. Do your ads convert so well that you would never consider offering an option to remove them?
Tagged:

Replies

• IconicDigitalIconicDigital LondonPosts: 469Registered Users @ @
    I think it depends upon your app and the genre you are working in. My app for example doesn't have any of the above, it's an image editing app called PixelPoint that allows the user to make IAP to expand on filter packs. Are you concentrating more on game development?
    Photo Editing IPhone & IPad - ImageLab
    Photo Editing IPhone & IPad - PixelPoint
    Live Video Editing On Your IPhone - Video FX+
    London Photography - London Photography
    Voucher Codes & Offers - SocialOffer.co.uk Voucher Codes
  • whoiskbwhoiskb Posts: 5New Users
    Sorry I should have been more clear. I would be asking this in regards to game development.
  • IconicDigitalIconicDigital LondonPosts: 469Registered Users @ @
    From a customer point of view because I don't really work on game development I would say that personally I would be looking to buy extra features if the game is good enough.

I have never really understood the remove ads option because I wouldn't want the adverts to be that annoying in the first place.
    Photo Editing IPhone & IPad - ImageLab
    Photo Editing IPhone & IPad - PixelPoint
    Live Video Editing On Your IPhone - Video FX+
    London Photography - London Photography
    Voucher Codes & Offers - SocialOffer.co.uk Voucher Codes