Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game Center as a marketing tool

Are you using GameCenter? Do you know how many users of your app use it? I have reviews from users saying I should remove facebook and replace it with GameCenter so I wonder if it's worth it. It looks like people are really angry if they see facebook, I have already about 7 bad reviews because of facebook and in overall 30 clicks from facebook posts on users walls. So in general it wasn't worth it at all. What is your experience?

Replies

• dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,578New Users @ @ @ @ @
    You're seeing a Facebook backlash?

I've seen apps that offer to unlock something on a freemium game, if you like them.

Is this no longer a viable promotional gimmick?
  • 737FlightSim737FlightSim UKPosts: 108New Users @ @
    My app is a paid app, I used some old facebook sdk by mistake and I was asking users to accept publish permission when you started app. But the problem was that if somebody didn't have facebook integration setup for their phone it was showing facebook webview without any other option than to log in so people were angry about that. I should probably offer something for people who accepted facebook instead.
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,578New Users @ @ @ @ @
    I see...

So, getting people to like you on Facebook for a "reward", shouldn't be a problem then.

Thanks for the detailed reply :)
  • scottwbscottwb Posts: 952New Users @ @ @
    Can't see that Game Center offers much personally. I moving towards Amazon Game Circle as this works across all the platforms.
  • markofjohnsonmarkofjohnson California USAPosts: 133Registered Users @ @
    If you ever want promotions with Apple, you integrate Game Center. Why? Apple likes games that like Apple. Game Center isn't the new thing Apple is pushing, but its a grower. They will feature games that help it grow. It doesn't have to be either or, you can figure out ways to use Game Center at the same time as some other back end like Facebook.
    markj.net & focusedapps.com
    Hit Tennis & Super Txt