Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can I improve my app? I think it's a great app.

Hi,
I developer Veu, a travel guide for iPhone that works everywhere. I priced it at 0,99$. I released it three days ago and I had only 2 downloads since that day.

Here is the icon:
128.png

And the App Store screenshots:
promo1_veu.png
promo2_veu.png
promo3_veu.png
promo4_veu.png
promo5_veu.png

I am trying Facebook app install ads but with no success. I am targeting Italy, iOS7, iPod or iPhone, 25-45 years and automatic offer mobile app installs. Note that I have not Facebook SDK included in my app, but I have analytics so I can control installs.

Do you have suggestions on what can I do?

Thank a lot!
My apps:<br />
<a href="https://itunes.apple.com/app/id527210261"; target="_blank">Snapalicious - Share & Discover Delicious Dishes</a><br />
<a href="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/il-cucinario-italian-recipes/id509558796?mt=8&uo=4"; target="_blank">Original Italian Recipes App</a><br />

Replies

• dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,547New Users @ @ @ @ @
    Before iOS 6 and 7, there used to be a new releases section. That would have gotten you quite a few downloads the first few days, and gave you a chance to climb the charts.

With it gone, the only thing you can do is to promote it outside of Apple. Advertising for example... unfortunately, that costs money.

As does Facebook installs.

In the end, you will spend more money than you'll make promoting the app, given the $0.99 price.

Finally with your downloads, Keyword optimization probably will do little.
  • 737FlightSim737FlightSim UKPosts: 108New Users @ @
    In my opinion this is the kind of an app I wouldn't pay for. Try making it free, offer IAP or premium version. Screenshots I would say are too distracting for me and font is hard to read. at least on iPhone 5. I wouldn't repeat app name on every screenshot, you don't want to waste advertising space right? Maybe you should present something like a comic story in your screenshots of what user can get from using this app. Regarding advertising, don't do it for paid app, you will loose more money.
  • pipposantapipposanta Posts: 66New Users @
    Thank you for the replies. I will keep in mind your suggestions. Do you think that making it free will change something in the next few days? Then I could implement IAP in a next update.
    My apps:<br />
    <a href="https://itunes.apple.com/app/id527210261"; target="_blank">Snapalicious - Share & Discover Delicious Dishes</a><br />
    <a href="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/il-cucinario-italian-recipes/id509558796?mt=8&uo=4"; target="_blank">Original Italian Recipes App</a><br />
  • RisingHighRisingHigh LondonPosts: 2New Users Noob
    edited January 2014
    Make sure you add you IAP's first and submit your update. The update may even give you a short boost. Once any increased traffic has subsided, make the price drop and hope it get's some attention on the tracker sites.

• billykbillyk Posts: 103New Users @ @
    After looking at the app page, I (as a consumer) have the following impressions:

1. The app looks beautifully designed. I like the simplistic approach.
    2. It looks a like a search engine of travel places. If it's so, why don't I just use Google or Tripadvisor?

Now because of (2), I won't download it even if it's free. For me it's the deal breaker and if your app is offering more than a travel place search engine, I think you can make it more explicit in the screenshots and app descriptions.

Last point is about the icon: I thought it's an app about drinks when I first saw it.
  • optimizemyappsoptimizemyapps USAPosts: 138Registered Users @ @
    @pipposanta - Few Suggestions
    1) Please check your Screenshots on iTunes - the text below "Veu" in every Screenshot appears Blurred in Desktop version Atleast
    2) Veu - Like the other member pointed out, you dont need to repeat this in every screesnhot
    3) Too Much Information - There is too much information in each screenshot which makes it very distracting
    4) Keyword Optimization - Yes, you can do ASO on the Keywords, send me a PM if you need help with this
    5) Price - Again like the other members pointed out, drop price to Free with IAP

Hope the above helps :)

OptimizeMyApps.com for Professional Help on App Store Optimization / App Promotion Services at Great Prices
  • RedStripeRedStripe San Francisco, CAPosts: 63New Users @
    I don't understand what the benefit to using the app is. That needs to be communicated on the first screenshot. Great design though, good luck!
  • iSpreadNewsiSpreadNews Posts: 359Registered Users @ @
    Your screenshots are with red background. Red means "danger" to human brain. Try changing color from red to anything else.
    iSpreadNews.com - VERY CHEAP (from $50) way to send your iPhone/iPad app announcement to hundreds of blog & news sites owners over the globe.

Just remember that there other countries besides US!
  • 737FlightSim737FlightSim UKPosts: 108New Users @ @
    Red works for me, but he is right, maybe it's just too much.
  • oral boral b ColoradoPosts: 191Tutorial Authors, iPhone Dev SDK Supporter, Registered Users @ @
    I think it's a really nice looking app, killer job on the UI work. I would definitely download it. So what have you tried, and how is your promotion budget looking?
  • NovensilesNovensiles Posts: 17New Users *
    Wow.. great looking app, love the design. I would download if only it was free. I don't mind paying 99cents but for an app like this, I want to try it first to see if the search results are as good as expected. Most people would feel the same way I suppose.
  • AceMobAceMob Posts: 339New Users @ @
    RedStripe wrote: »
    I don't understand what the benefit to using the app is. That needs to be communicated on the first screenshot. Great design though, good luck!

This