Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay in the line, lol

258076067258076067 asiaPosts: 15New Users *
after looking at its ranking history at appannie, all i want to say is " LOL"
i don't know the secret to climb the ranking, but i know this cannot be true ..
Go check appannie, come back and leave your thoughts ..
ps: damn i really want to know the secret !!!!!

Replies

• optimizemyappsoptimizemyapps USAPosts: 138Registered Users @ @
    Is this just Spam or are you looking for something actually ? What you posted above doesnt make any sense
    OptimizeMyApps.com for Professional Help on App Store Optimization / App Promotion Services at Great Prices
  • CoDEFRoCoDEFRo Posts: 602New Users @ @ @
    His post makes perfect sense, he's talking about the app "Stay in the Line", some little joke up like AB that somehow is climbing the rankings.
  • CoDEFRoCoDEFRo Posts: 602New Users @ @ @
    edited May 2014
    See that little pink dot up in the corner? Insane...

rjfy2f.png
  • billykbillyk Posts: 103New Users @ @
    It's not even "climbing up" the ranking. The app was released on 8May and not evening in the top 1000. Then something magical happened on 18May and it broke into Top 5 out of no where. One day later it's no.1.
  • optimizemyappsoptimizemyapps USAPosts: 138Registered Users @ @
    Yes, thats just crazy & its not even featured on the App store in any country (atleast thats what AppAnnie indicates). There is some other method which App developers are using to boost rankings which is not know to many.
    I also see the familiar long reviews most of them 5 stars & all on the same day, this was the case with Flappy Bird too
    OptimizeMyApps.com for Professional Help on App Store Optimization / App Promotion Services at Great Prices
  • mediaspreemediaspree FloridaPosts: 901Registered Users @ @ @
    I would bet with a 10k budget I could push an app to a top spot in a day. How much is that worth? 50k a day so they say if you have proper monetization? Who is to say these "small apps" don't have big budgets behind them...get something even mildly entertaining that has some sticky value, blow the wad in one day, and see what happens. Now, who wants to send me 10k?! :)
  • mookimooki mookalandPosts: 46New Users @
    @mediaspree Before i send you 10K,
    Do you mined share with us, your marketing plan?
    What you will do with 10K ?
    edited May 2014
    @mooki I got to the #2 paid entertainment category and 88 overall spot with 5-7k back in 2013 using only Facebook Mobile app install ads (of course it was much cheaper back then)

I just used 10k as an arbritary number...my thought is these apps which are seemingly simple games made by some chump like us really have heavy investor weight behind them spending 10k or so PER DAY to get to the top spot so quick (and stay there)

A recent example is the "Make it Rain" app which one of the backers is a multimillionaire already (of the band OK-Go) If its true you can make upwards of 50k per day at those spots (a number I've seen quoted in a few articles) its a no brainer if you have the cash to be spending that much on promotion.
  • billykbillyk Posts: 103New Users @ @
    I think as soon as you hit the top, you can at least stay there for a couple of days as people may just want to give it a try. $10k is not small money but it's not huge either. Think about it - even if it's just $5k revenue a day (10% of what's the perceived revenue), you get it back in 2 days.

The question is: Is $10k enough? I've just read a blog from a utility developer and he said it took "only 80k" downloads a day for his app to hit no.10 in US. I presume as you go up the ranking the difficulty will increase substantially but for the sake of argument, let's assume you need double (160k) to hit no.1. For a budget of $10k, it means a CPI of $0.0625. It's a pretty a good deal even if all downloads are bots - as you are in the precious no.1 spot that real downloads will just come organically.

So @mediaspree‌ I will just take your word if you can do it. I don't even need a marketing plan, just give me your paypal address. :)

edited May 2014
    All right! I've got 20k pledged from @mooki and @billyk ... Who else is in!? I'll invest half in mobile app install ads and half in bitcoin and we'll all be rich come 2015!!
  • 258076067258076067 asiaPosts: 15New Users *
    @mediaspree hope bitcoin didn't die then..
  • tallPetetallPete AUPosts: 18New Users *
    edited May 2014
    Edit. I found out.
    Post edited by tallPete on
  • mookimooki mookalandPosts: 46New Users @
    100 balls and make it rain have same those long 5 stars reviews as well
  • raymngraymng Posts: 1,998Registered Users @ @ @ @
    mooki wrote: »

Yes, how can they do that?
  • 258076067258076067 asiaPosts: 15New Users *
    raymng wrote: »
    mooki wrote: »

Yes, how can they do that?
    if we all know how, then it won't work, thats why they keep saying " its all luck"