Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

chances of making 1000-2000$

erikdudeerikdude NorwayPosts: 41New Users @
Hi there!

I'm almost done developing my app for the iPad (utility). The app has a 4.5/5* rating on windows phone and about 200 downloads. Users say its really useful. I'm wondering what my chances are to make around 1000-2000$ on it?

My strategy:
-facebook ad campaign
-iAd campaign
-send to many iPad app review sites
-perhaps pay for review
-price 0.99/1.99 (best?)

What do you think?

Thanks a lot for answers:)

Replies

• C6Silver05C6Silver05 SeattlePosts: 632New Users @ @ @
    To be honest, without seeing your app, understanding what is does and what competition you have, no one here can answer whether it will make $1, $2k, or $200k (well I'll go on record and say no chance for the latter). At .99 and $2000 you will need to sell nearly 2,700 units which is more than 13x what you sold on the Windows store. Now of course the Apple Store is substantially larger but that also means you will have far more competition and a high likelihood that your app will be lost in search unless of course it is highly niche but again we don't know what you are selling. Obviously raising the price means less units to move in order to meet your target, but it also might price you out of the market. Also, is the $1k-2k gross or net? If net you will have to subtract out the cost of the ads you plan to run and the reviewers you plan to payoff. You have a better chance of selling $1k vs. $2k but without more info this is as good of a prediction as you can probably get.
  • Crichton333Crichton333 Posts: 278Registered Users @ @
    Maybe harder for an app versus a game unless your app is really useful, why didnt you just write what your app does, that would give us something to go on.
    "Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality
  • erikdudeerikdude NorwayPosts: 41New Users @
    edited May 2014
    Sorry, its kind of a notepad, very useful in school context - lets you organize knowledge into projects and subjects, take notes, write and combine summaries, gather info from the web, etc.
    Post edited by NSFoo on
  • PlutoPrimePlutoPrime Posts: 351Registered Users @ @
    What's your budget for the app? If you have a $2k budget then I can show you a path that has at least a 40-~50% chance you'll double your money.

Take your money, go to Vegas. Practice some blackjack on a free app. Go to a table and bet $2k. If you play the hand correctly with basic rules, you have a pretty good chance of making the returns you're looking for with a single play.
    PlutoPrime wrote: »
    What's your budget for the app? If you have a $2k budget then I can show you a path that has at least a 40-~50% chance you'll double your money.

Take your money, go to Vegas. Practice some blackjack on a free app. Go to a table and bet $2k. If you play the hand correctly with basic rules, you have a pretty good chance of making the returns you're looking for with a single play.

I Got far from 2k budget, more like 100$;)
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,621New Users @ @ @ @ @
    $100 ?

Set up a facebook page for your app. Add a LIKE button inside your app. Add an incentive to get them to press that LIKE button.

Then take that $100 and treat yourself and your girlfriend/boyfriend to a nice dinner. ;)
    dev666999 wrote: »
    $100 ?

Set up a facebook page for your app. Add a LIKE button inside your app. Add an incentive to get them to press that LIKE button.

Then take that $100 and treat yourself and your girlfriend/boyfriend to a nice dinner. ;)
    dev666999 wrote: »
    $100 ?

Done that already:) good idea about the dinner, just need the girlfriend though:p
  • iSpreadNewsiSpreadNews Posts: 359Registered Users @ @
    erikdude wrote: »
    Sorry, its kind of a notepad, very useful in school context - lets you organize knowledge into projects and subjects, take notes, write and combine summaries, gather info from the web, etc.

This looks like Evernote app that is free and is very popular.
    iSpreadNews.com - VERY CHEAP (from $50) way to send your iPhone/iPad app announcement to hundreds of blog & news sites owners over the globe.

Just remember that there other countries besides US!
  • C6Silver05C6Silver05 SeattlePosts: 632New Users @ @ @
    Done that already:) good idea about the dinner, just need the girlfriend though:p

I think there's an app for that. Good luck finding it though. They obviously didn't spend enough on marketing.

C6Silver05 wrote: »

I think there's an app for that. Good luck finding it though. They obviously didn't spend enough on marketing.

What about publishing out for free, market with 100$ and then sell on apptopia?