Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you be interested in infographics about app marketing and design?

RynerRyner Czech RepublicPosts: 2New Users Noob
Hello

We are indie developers working on apps for android and IOS. In our time spent developing we noticed that one of our biggest problems is where to find necessary resources and materials to learn new things. Now don't get me wrong there is certainly no shortage of content about how to develop an app. But we've all seen and read articles that can be basically summed up into “If you want to market your app use Facebook”. Yeah, well that is not very useful.

We decided that in order to solve this problem we want to make community hub with all the necessary information in one place. We will scout the web for all the great articles, content and useful information about app programing, marketing and design and convert that content into infographics. This community hub will be used mainly to deliver snapshots (visual data) about very interesting (and often long articles) in a very easy and most importantly fast and readable way. This will ensure that you will not waste time searching for articles and then realizing that this is not what you wanted to know. You can just check out infographics and then decide if this is what interests you and click on the source to see all the links to articles that can further expand your knowledge about topic.

We want to hear your opinion on all this guys. This is a non-profit project and it will take us a lot of time to complete. So we want to make sure that there are people who will find this useful.

Replies

• andrebirnfeldandrebirnfeld BrazilPosts: 27New Users @
    edited October 2014
    I'll support this project! Can share a good experience which worked for me, lot of a good articles and also some graphics and images refering to my game success. Count me in.
  • RynerRyner Czech RepublicPosts: 2New Users Noob
    Wow! We are definitely interested in that! I will write you PM shortly. At this point we are crafting the website and creating first infographics. We are definitely counting you in!

If anybody else has awesome story to share feel free to contact me. We will work something out.
  • KarlJayKarlJay Posts: 435Registered Users @ @
    One of the biggest problems that I've seen with all these kind of posts is that someone comes along and says "do this, because it worked for us" or "don't do this because it didn't work" and never shows us their app.

Someone did a FB run years ago, I tried several times to get the name of the app and the ad that was run, he never posted the info.

The point: You CAN'T make an informed decision about YOUR app and how it'll work based on someone else's apps unless they tell you what that apps is.

Someone running FB ads with an outdated Angry Birds clone will probably be a dud... If you don't know what the app is, how would you know if the marketing will work?

Games are marketed different from business apps.
    The quality of the app makes a huge difference.
    The ranking before makes a difference. -- we just went thru the Candy Crush problem when Candy Crush was being marketed to people that already had Candy Crush. Does that mean PPI doesn't work? No, they tapped out the market.

--- If you are going to do this, do it right, make it meaningful, at least post the names of the apps so we can see if it's just more work-alike crappware.

Otherwise, sounds like an awesome idea.