Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Keyword, ASO, and General Marketing Tips (Suggestions and Critiques)

iProdigyiProdigy United StatesPosts: 20New Users @
Hello fellows... I am looking for advice from everyone. I probably have all the keywords you will name, but please don't be shy with them. It all helps.

Here is the link to the FREE app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sponge-jump/id923799051?mt=8

Thanks

Replies

• iProdigyiProdigy United StatesPosts: 20New Users @
    edited December 2014
    Wow, things are not going as planned... Thinking about going to freeappaday or something. I feel my products is what the market wants. Confused...
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,618New Users @ @ @ @ @
    IMHO... what you have is a "crap" app. Looks like a template app. There are a million of those in the store... and with the store so crowded, it's hard to get jaded users to download it.

No offense meant.
    None taken. I think I could be blinded because it's my project and I have tons of passion. Could be overlooking its flaws.
    Did you write this from scratch? If so, you're doing the right thing. You then just need better ideas. The programming is relatively easy, compared to coming up with great ideas.
    Yes, it is from scratch. I thought an app like this was needed... An addictive game that can be played at anytime. Kinda like a Flappy Bird. These types of games have always had a special place in my heart. It's just so hard to get noticed in this category (candy crush, clash of clans, etc. have so much market share). I guess I need to focus efforts on new projects.
  • apppicker.comapppicker.com Posts: 452Registered Users @ @
    On the negative side you have entered a very very crowded segment of the market with an app that has a place in your heart and therefore decisions are harder to make objectively.

On the other side you already have 23 ratings in the US store averaging 4 1/2 stars which is very positive. As proven by candy crush etc, there is a huge market for these type of apps, so depending on your expectations, this can still be a relative success.

Your decision to monetize the app by doing a one off ad removal purchase for $0.99 does however restrict your scope for aggressive marketing as the ROI would probably be always a loss making campaign but as you already have 23 comments in iTunes after a few days, it seems you are doing something right.

I would take a pause and analyze the retention of your users and assess the longevity and purchase rates before deciding which route to take.

apppicker.com top 10 App review site where developers can post videos, place promo codes and announce apps on sale and gone free.
    edited December 2014
    Is this for real? Do people actually go to your site to look for apps? I would think just going to iTunes would accomplish what any site like this offers. It's not rocket science to check new releases. Other than that, it looks like a nice site.

You may want to do a spell check on your title. "Abous Us" sb "About Us"

photo1.png

• scottwbscottwb Posts: 952New Users @ @ @
    dev666999 wrote: »
    Is this for real? Do people actually go to your site to look for apps?

7,424 unique daily visitors according to Alexa : http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/apppicker.com
    scottwb wrote: »

7,424 unique daily visitors according to Alexa : http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/apppicker.com

That is good :) Especially with so many sites like that available. Years ago, I used to go to Appshopper.com... Haven't been there in a long time now.
    scottwb wrote: »

Alexa Alexa......)))

Our minimum day is 10,000 with the most a few weeks ago being 26,500. I pay $9.99 a month to them so that the results are more accurate than they were before but they are still not exact.

Will get that fixed on Monday and thanks for pointing it out.

iTunes has all the apps of course but reviews are more and more fake, categorization is poor, promo codes, where we get up to 1,500 readers a day, isn't there, Apps gone free neither and that section can get up to 20,000 reads a day.

The solution to the discovery problem is difficult to find so sites like ours try to wade through all the apps to find the gems. We actually publish 15 reviews a day with 6 of those reserved for independent developers as I see the most creativity coming from there.

apppicker.com top 10 App review site where developers can post videos, place promo codes and announce apps on sale and gone free.
    Is this for real? Do people actually go to your site to look for apps? I would think just going to iTunes would accomplish what any site like this offers. It's not rocket science to check new releases. Other than that, it looks like a nice site.

photo1.png

Thank you. Always needs improving.

Would it astonish you that 2,000 people a month visit the site to find the best piano apps for iPad? http://www.apppicker.com/applists/6037/The-best-piano-apps-for-iPad

With 1,3 million apps and 1,000 new ones a day, the forest is getting bigger and thicker.

I get to see about 100 new apps a day and therefore felt a little qualified to offer advice to @iprodigy. We actually stopped reviewing flappy bird clones a few months ago as we were saturated with requests and the market does get a little jaded. But a market is still there, so anyone filling that need for difficulty and addiction can do quite well.

photo1.png

Thank you. Always needs improving.

Would it astonish you that 2,000 people a month visit the site to find the best piano apps for iPad? http://www.apppicker.com/applists/6037/The-best-piano-apps-for-iPad

With 1,3 million apps and 1,000 new ones a day, the forest is getting bigger and thicker.

I get to see about 100 new apps a day and therefore felt a little qualified to offer advice to @iprodigy. We actually stopped reviewing flappy bird clones a few months ago as we were saturated with requests and the market does get a little jaded. But a market is still there, so anyone filling that need for difficulty and addiction can do quite well.

Definitely,... A tip of the Hat to you guys. :)
    @dec666999 Thanks))
    @iprodigy I approved your app review request. I hope it helps.
    Wow, thanks! :smiley: Everything helps!
    @appicker.com Looks great! Thank you so much.
  • RedStripeRedStripe San Francisco, CAPosts: 63New Users @
    @iProdigy I think the game would appeal to a certain demographic, put it is a tough market to crack.

From strictly a keyword perspective, your keywords are too generic. A Difficulty Score of about 4.0 is getting you a rank of ~20, so you would have to go lower. Try to target a 3.0. "insanely fun" is ranking well, but not sure how much of a download keyword that is. Also try putting 1-3 keywords into your title.
  • shenoyroopeshshenoyroopesh MangalorePosts: 2New Users Noob
    Wow, @iProdigy how did you get to 505 ratings across versions for your app in just two months?!