Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The best marketing technique is ...

Hi All,

I'm an independent developer which struggle for the best marketing technique for long. From my pass experience, FB used to be the best in 1.5 year ago. However, right now it becomes less and less effect as I used to get about 6-7% hit rate but now I only got less than 1% hit rate which waste me a lot of money.

Does anybody have any recommendation on below:
1. The best and practical app review sites?
2. The best paid per install web sites?
3. The best and trustable marketing companies?
4. Any other best promotion methods?

I'll write up some conclusion after receiving your valuable comments.

thanks,
-wallace

Replies

• UselessRobUselessRob Posts: 31New Users @
    Hey folks,

Obviously this is one of the big mysteries of the universe, but what's the best way to launch an app? Obviously just putting it on the App Store means it disappears into a oblivion. Facebook ads don't seem to bring in many downloads for the price. Press releases are usually only met with demands for money. We have a bit of a network of previously semi-successful apps, and sometimes cross promotion brings in some downloads, but not really enough to make an impact. etc etc.

So I'm curious about what ideas others have for launching an app without a huge budget? What are the standard things you always do in an attempt to get noticed?

After making apps since the very beginning, we're now staring down the worst December I've ever seen on the App Store, so any advice would be awesome!
  • UIUsUIUs Posts: 164Moderators Admin
    Merging these two questions as they are very similar in what they ask.
  • iSpreadNewsiSpreadNews Posts: 359Registered Users @ @
    wallace wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Does anybody have any recommendation on below:
    1. The best and practical app review sites?

We believe that it's better to send review requests to as many app review sites as possible (and we can help with that, btw). Some sites that will post app review for free. Some will charge a fee. It's unlikely that there exist developers whoose apps were reviewed by ALL app review sites during e.g. a month, and at the same conditions (same day of week, same app). So nobody can give you a correct answer.

So in order to choose the site that you will pay for posting an app review, you have to study a lot of info - alexa rank, number of twitter followers and FB likes. Some editors will just grant you access to their Google Analytics account for a day or two! Most often you can also notice the developers of apps that have been recently reviewed by a certain set of app review sites about which site you recommend to pay to.

iSpreadNews.com - VERY CHEAP (from $50) way to send your iPhone/iPad app announcement to hundreds of blog & news sites owners over the globe.

Just remember that there other countries besides US!