Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In-App Advice for a new developer/marketer

appdevClarkappdevClark DCPosts: 1New Users Noob
edited January 2015 in Mobile Marketing Techniques
What's going on guys? In the last 2 months, I have designed and developed a children's book with games and activities for one of my buddies whose father is a successful author. He loves the interface and the interactive components. It's iPad only as of today. He now wants me to market and generate revenue for it. He has contracted with me to build apps for his other titles once I can hit a revenue mark.

I am new to the app developing/marketing industry, so bare with me here. First, I want to advertise on other games/apps with banner graphics I have designed. I have advertised on Social Ingot and InMobi with little to no results (20 downloads). As of today, I am using RevMob and hoping for better numbers. I have integrated Facebook's SDK into the application and have seen relatively decent success from it's fan page and boosted posts.

Are these services not a good fit for this children's app? I really would like a service that caters to this particular category, but can't seem to find one. I have already invested a good bit of time and money into this title, so I would love to make it a success. It was $2.99 at first and I have changed it to $1.99 since then. Any strategies or suggestions would be great!

Thank you!

Replies

• panzeritipanzeriti United StatesPosts: 769Registered Users @ @ @
    Perhaps try highly targeted Facebook mobile ads, or boosting the fan page more and then connecting. ASO can help as well.
  • KarlJayKarlJay Posts: 435Registered Users @ @
    Interesting results from Social Ingot (20 downloads). I noticed they say: "Every dollar spent
    with Social Ingot generates high ROI. Guaranteed!"

I wonder how much the downloads cost and what the guarantee was?

Their case studies examples where some larger companies, but didn't mention the size of the campaign was.

As far as price goes, lowering the price isn't always effective. Did you see any increase in downloads after the price drop?

I've heard targeted FB can be effective.

We as developers should have a review list of all these marketing companies because there are so many of them making so many promises without anyway to confirm the results. We've seen so many scams and most of us don't have the budget to keep trying over and over again.

Since you mentioned he wants you to market it, that means he's paying for it. So how much budget does he have?
  • AlisaLevAlisaLev UkrainePosts: 122New Users @ @
    What's going on guys? In the last 2 months, I have designed and developed a children's book with games and activities for one of my buddies whose father is a successful author. He loves the interface and the interactive components. It's iPad only as of today. He now wants me to market and generate revenue for it. He has contracted with me to build apps for his other titles once I can hit a revenue mark.

I am new to the app developing/marketing industry, so bare with me here. First, I want to advertise on other games/apps with banner graphics I have designed. I have advertised on Social Ingot and InMobi with little to no results (20 downloads). As of today, I am using RevMob and hoping for better numbers. I have integrated Facebook's SDK into the application and have seen relatively decent success from it's fan page and boosted posts.

Are these services not a good fit for this children's app? I really would like a service that caters to this particular category, but can't seem to find one. I have already invested a good bit of time and money into this title, so I would love to make it a success. It was $2.99 at first and I have changed it to $1.99 since then. Any strategies or suggestions would be great!

Thank you!
    Facebook ads work better with the free apps, then paid one. I can say that from our experience and the thoughts of the other devs from here.
    Also, you can try to do an App of a Day or to order the reviews with a campaign like Gummiecube. Like 100 reviews for 300$.
    Good Luck!