Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Super bad result from FB Campaign

gaoyw2gaoyw2 USAPosts: 2New Users Noob
I just started running an IOS app install campaign on Facebook. My app is a shopping app for moms in USA. So the target audience is pretty clear and easy to set.

My creative is attached. I set a daily budget of $1k, oCPM, and put $10 for "How much an install worth for you".

After running the campaign for an hour, $13 spent for each ad with total 6 click, no install.

CTR 0.63%, relevant score: 5

what's going on, was expecting $3-$4 per install, but now it looks like CPI will be crazy high. Anyone had this kind of result before??

Replies

• markofjohnsonmarkofjohnson California USAPosts: 133Registered Users @ @
    1 hr is not enough for facebook to warm up. Try 1 day. And why are you setting "How much an install worth for you" to $10 if what you actually want is $3-4?

I just started experimenting with this myself. I just got $1.40 installs letting Facebook manage the bid. I have Facebook app analytics, and I targeted a lookalike audience to the audience who already uses the app. I adjusted the budget mid campaign, before I made the adjustment to get more impressions, one of my creatives was getting installs for 40c, but low volume. After I increased the daily budget I got more impressions, and the CPI went up.

Trying Facebook fixed CPC next.
    markj.net & focusedapps.com
    Hit Tennis & Super Txt
  • apppicker.comapppicker.com Posts: 452Registered Users @ @
    @gaoyw2 is your app a free one? @mediaspree has some very good feedback on fine tuning campaigns and as @markofjohnson points out, it takes time to warm up.
    apppicker.com top 10 App review site where developers can post videos, place promo codes and announce apps on sale and gone free.
    Alifar wrote: »
    Alifar wrote: »
    Because of the specific products your CPC will be very low probably 0,05 cent or less and the conversion in the app for sales will be much higher as people are looking for these products.

Best way to setup a convert-able pitch is to send users to a sales page first before downloading the app.

That's a very good piece of advice and supports my own belief that every developer should have a website as both a support center and a marketing tool.

We run experiments on this type of campaign and find that a tweet direct to the iTunes page might give 100 downloads out of 1,000 whereas 1,000 visitors to a review will then get 500 clicks to the iTunes page, but a higher conversion rate in iTunes of 50%, leading to an overall rate of 25% as against 10% for direct campaigns.

apppicker.com top 10 App review site where developers can post videos, place promo codes and announce apps on sale and gone free.
    @gaoyw2 Did you follow any of the advice given? We stuck your app on our hot apps page for a day and only got 5 downloads for you, so it would be interesting to see your results on adwords.
  • mikedavidmikedavid usaPosts: 1New Users Noob
    ii am read thread carefully i got good experience
  • Ian5Ian5 USAPosts: 20New Users *
    Perhaps, you choose bad advertising or wrong time for this.
  • chuckc192000chuckc192000 FloridaPosts: 397New Users @ @
    lol...this conversation has been dead for three years!
  • KarlJayKarlJay Posts: 439Registered Users @ @

LOL, I wasn't sure if this forum was still active or not. Looks like it's a few posts a year.

I wonder where everyone went, this place used to be pretty active.
  • chuckc192000chuckc192000 FloridaPosts: 397New Users @ @
    KarlJay wrote: »

LOL, I wasn't sure if this forum was still active or not. Looks like it's a few posts a year.

I wonder where everyone went, this place used to be pretty active.

I think a lot of indy developers have stopped creating apps because it's nearly impossible for them to make a living doing it anymore. For me it's always been just a hobby where I could make a little money.