Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which is the best way to get installs + ratings?

anagarciaanagarcia SpainPosts: 10New Users *
Hi!

I can see this is a great community for ios developers so I would want to ask you which are the best ways you usually use to get installs and ratings for your apps or games.

So the question is:
What do you usually do to get installs and ratings to get higher ranks?

Those are the ways I usually use, i hope it helps:
- Sometimes i use Facebook Ads to get installs (https://www.facebook.com/advertising). The problem is that is not cheap and the ratings are not guaranteed.
- If i want to get installs + ratings, I use services like Reviewsmotion (http://reviewsmotion.com/), where i get installs and ratings from other members of the community. This helps to get real reviews.

I hope this helps and please share your best ways to get those ratings!!

I have used Admob to promote my apps too (https://www.google.es/admob/), but I think it is too expensive, because each conversion/installation costs a lot.

Sorry if my english is not the best!! It is not my main language :-(

Replies

• AlisaLevAlisaLev UkrainePosts: 122New Users @ @
    Hi!
    Facebook is a good opportunity, but expensive as you have mentioned, for sure.
    Admob is the same, only to get from free apps.
    Try to update ASO regularly
    Fiverr review purchases
    Review exchange with other developers: Apprebates, Appreviews.exchange, Smoothreviews, Appreviewme.
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,547New Users @ @ @ @ @
    AlisaLev wrote: »
    Hi!
    Fiverr review purchases
    Review exchange with other developers: Apprebates, Appreviews.exchange, Smoothreviews, Appreviewme.

Are these sites legal per Apple's review guidelines? Does Apple look upon this as gaming the system?

After all, most users will leave 5 star reviews in hopes of getting the same. It's a dirty little "secret", human nature being what it is. ;)
  • AlisaLevAlisaLev UkrainePosts: 122New Users @ @
    dev666999 wrote: »
    AlisaLev wrote: »
    Hi!
    Fiverr review purchases

Are these sites legal per Apple's review guidelines? Does Apple look upon this as gaming the system?

After all, most users will leave 5 star reviews in hopes of getting the same. It's a dirty little "secret", human nature being what it is. ;)

yeaaap, a little bit)
  • optimizemyappsoptimizemyapps USAPosts: 138Registered Users @ @
    @anagarcia - ASO is the best way to get free installs. If you want to do some advanced level stuff then you reach out to other developers (for cross promotion) who have a game with good downloads.

The game also should match their game demography for example: if you have a slot game & cross promote on a Blackjack game then you will get good downloads. So, you give the game developers a cut in your revenue for the increased downloads
    OptimizeMyApps.com for Professional Help on App Store Optimization / App Promotion Services at Great Prices
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,547New Users @ @ @ @ @
    @anagarcia - ASO is the best way to get free installs. If you want to do some advanced level stuff then you reach out to other developers (for cross promotion) who have a game with good downloads.

The game also should match their game demography for example: if you have a slot game & cross promote on a Blackjack game then you will get good downloads. So, you give the game developers a cut in your revenue for the increased downloads

Just how would you do this?

It is illegal is done within the app.
  • adoregameradoregamer United KingdomPosts: 14New Users *
    dev666999 wrote: »

Just how would you do this?

It is illegal is done within the app.

Well, there is a site called https://tapdaq.com/. It actually let's you negotiate with other developers for cross-promoting your app within their apps by means of banners. They have their own SDK.

Other ways to get reviews/ratings:

1. To get reviews - ask your users inside the game. Like this "Like playing our game please rate it!"
    2. To get installs try to use other CPI networks instead of Admob or Facebook - hands down, there're plenty of them.
    3. Submit your app for review to the sites like gamezebo, toucharcade, pocketgamer, 148apps, etc. There are also tons of such sites.
    4. Connect with let's players on youtube and twitch steamers and pitch your app to them. This is a nice list https://socialblade.com/youtube/top/category/games
  • apppicker.comapppicker.com Posts: 452Registered Users @ @
    yizikimuh wrote: »
    Try this service app-reviews.org/. It is really helpful. I bought professional plan and in a month my app reached the top apps.

It's gaming the system and I feel the risks of getting caught outweigh the benefits. 50 downloads, 50 x 5 star reviews from the same people giving 50 x 5 star reviews to other apps is complete nonsense if the app is rubbish. It doesn't matter how many organic downloads you will get if the result is to deceive users in to thinking it's a 5 star app. If anything, it would motivate those new users to leave very negative reviews in the case of a rubbish app getting 5 stars from other users.

Take a look at the evolution of comparable systems like Amazon and IMDb. Consumers nowadays are much more clued in to the dummy reviews being left by marketeers. Standard deviation principles are ignored and when we get a review request from an app with comments in iTunes of 3-4 sentences we discount their validity immediately.
    apppicker.com top 10 App review site where developers can post videos, place promo codes and announce apps on sale and gone free.
  • saxahansaxahan Posts: 1New Users Noob
    Thanks for this post @anagarcia . I've been sustained about getting reviews, ranking and installings of my apps. Perhaps, exchanging reviews between developers would help me too.
  • HappyByteHappyByte Posts: 343New Users @ @
    For games it's much better.

The best way to get a review is to implement Game Center, so users could rate it directly from the hi-scores.

For apps it's hard times.

No one reads update notes anymore, so no reviews from it.

Pop-ups and other methods working less and less effectively.
  • freethinkernfreethinkern New Delhi, IndiaPosts: 6New Users Noob
    My Advice: Don't use fiverr for getting reviews. Most of them removed within 72 hrs.
  • swifter22swifter22 usaPosts: 91New Users @
    Read This: https://medium.com/circa/the-right-way-to-ask-users-to-review-your-app-9a32fd604fca#.9zbofyt1j. I added the rate button like it says in the article and already got 2 reviews. If you want to see how it looks in my app here is the link:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dj30/id1110609125?mt=8