Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what do you think about apptopia.com revenue Accuracy of apps?

umenumen Posts: 32New Users @
i found this site , they offer Revenue Estimates of apps , now there are few sites that offer some misterius algorithms to find
Revenue Estimates , what do you think about this site ?
https://www.apptopia.com

Replies

• Jonathan.kayJonathan.kay Posts: 3New Users Noob
    Hey All - just wanted to add some relevant info here.

(disclaimer i am founder of Apptopia. I will however remove bias & speak only about industry facts)

1. There are many sites today that offer "mysterious algorithms". This is as a result of these sites / businesses not having any "learning set" (i.e. real data to base their estimations off of). What they end up doing is using very basic excel models that results in the #1 app always performing better than the #2 app, the #2 app always performing better than the #3 app, and so on and so on. Where this is far from reality. The market is way more volatile than this.

2. Today AA & Apptopia are the only reliable sources for Download & Revenue estimations, as we both base our estimations on billions and billions of real data points (allowing us to more accurately estimate such a volatile market).

If you want to learn more about our accuracy or methodology we document most of that publicly: https://apptopia.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/610773-how-accurate-are-apptopia-s-estimations

Feel free to reach out directly if you have any other questions. We are big data geeks. Jon AT apptopia dot com

Jonathan
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,613New Users @ @ @ @ @
    Hey All - just wanted to add some relevant info here.

(disclaimer i am founder of Apptopia. I will however remove bias & speak only about industry facts)

1. There are many sites today that offer "mysterious algorithms". This is as a result of these sites / businesses not having any "learning set" (i.e. real data to base their estimations off of). What they end up doing is using very basic excel models that results in the #1 app always performing better than the #2 app, the #2 app always performing better than the #3 app, and so on and so on. Where this is far from reality. The market is way more volatile than this.

2. Today AA & Apptopia are the only reliable sources for Download & Revenue estimations, as we both base our estimations on billions and billions of real data points (allowing us to more accurately estimate such a volatile market).

If you want to learn more about our accuracy or methodology we document most of that publicly: https://apptopia.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/610773-how-accurate-are-apptopia-s-estimations

Feel free to reach out directly if you have any other questions. We are big data geeks. Jon AT apptopia dot com

Jonathan

Snake Oil?

Snake Oil Salesman?

• RedStripeRedStripe San Francisco, CAPosts: 63New Users @
    Apptopia's Intelligence product is good, I've used it. REALLY hard to beat that price, seriously. I've also seen side-by-side comparisons with Sensor Tower and App Annie and ST was much more accurate. But that could vary by category and country.