I've made a new productivity app for iOS 8 that allows you to efficiently track how much you work. It contains a lot of features, for instance one where the app will do everything in the background using location services.
More information regarding the app is available on App Store:
I've had the app out for a few weeks now, this is what the timeline looked like:
- Release, about 2 weeks ago (free)
- Get feedback from people I know, decide to create update (feature request) before I market further
- Release update about week ago and launch Facebook ad campaign
- At this moment, I'm getting like 4 downloads a day
- Decide to try paid, got about 2 downloads in a day, decide this isn't going to cut it and I would rather want more downloads and ratings than a dollar or two per day.
- Make it free again, looking at 5-6 downloads a day until august 13th.
- Get about 15 downloads in one day, then none for one day, until I got about 14 again yesterday.
I've sent this in to various sub-reddits regarding iOS apps, iPhone apps, iOS app reviews and similar.
The Facebook ad had a target audience set to everyone 15-45 years old, in Norway, USA and the UK. I've received about 219 ad-clicks to now, and about 17,000 people reached. Tomorrow is the final day of the ad unless I extend its period, and I'm wondering what to do next in terms of marketing to increase the download count.
Any help on this is greatly appreciated!