Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New iOS 8 app with little downloads

erikdudeerikdude NorwayPosts: 41New Users @
Hi!

I've made a new productivity app for iOS 8 that allows you to efficiently track how much you work. It contains a lot of features, for instance one where the app will do everything in the background using location services.

More information regarding the app is available on App Store:
itunes.apple.com/app/id982783997

I've had the app out for a few weeks now, this is what the timeline looked like:

- Release, about 2 weeks ago (free)
- Get feedback from people I know, decide to create update (feature request) before I market further
- Release update about week ago and launch Facebook ad campaign
- At this moment, I'm getting like 4 downloads a day
- Decide to try paid, got about 2 downloads in a day, decide this isn't going to cut it and I would rather want more downloads and ratings than a dollar or two per day.
- Make it free again, looking at 5-6 downloads a day until august 13th.
- Get about 15 downloads in one day, then none for one day, until I got about 14 again yesterday.

I've sent this in to various sub-reddits regarding iOS apps, iPhone apps, iOS app reviews and similar.

The Facebook ad had a target audience set to everyone 15-45 years old, in Norway, USA and the UK. I've received about 219 ad-clicks to now, and about 17,000 people reached. Tomorrow is the final day of the ad unless I extend its period, and I'm wondering what to do next in terms of marketing to increase the download count.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated!
Thank you!
Erik

Replies

• Crichton333Crichton333 Posts: 264Registered Users @ @
    Sorry if I didnt get from the post but how much did you spend for the Facebook campign and how many installs did you get from it ? If you are still wondering about downloads Im guessing it didnt work out in the end ?
    "Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality
  • erikdudeerikdude NorwayPosts: 41New Users @
    edited August 2015
    Sorry if I didnt get from the post but how much did you spend for the Facebook campign and how many installs did you get from it ? If you are still wondering about downloads Im guessing it didnt work out in the end ?

No problem. Spent about 330 Norwegian kroners on it, which is equal to about 40 USD. I don't know exactly how many downloads originated from that ad as I didn't have the Facebook SDK implemented, but I got about 250-300 clicks on it. I'm getting around 10 downloads average per day now.
  • apppicker.comapppicker.com Posts: 452Registered Users @ @
    erikdude wrote: »

No problem. Spent about 330 Norwegian kroners on it, which is equal to about 40 USD. I don't know exactly how many downloads originated from that ad as I didn't have the Facebook SDK implemented, but I got about 250-300 clicks on it. I'm getting around 10 downloads average per day now.

Thing is you need to be able to track where the downloads come from to optimize your campaigns. Your app is niche, so sites like Linkedin would be perfect I think for user acquisition. Expanding that theme, site that are office/work related should be better than Facebook for reaching your target user.

apppicker.com top 10 App review site where developers can post videos, place promo codes and announce apps on sale and gone free.
  • erikdudeerikdude NorwayPosts: 41New Users @
    edited August 2015

Thing is you need to be able to track where the downloads come from to optimize your campaigns. Your app is niche, so sites like Linkedin would be perfect I think for user acquisition. Expanding that theme, site that are office/work related should be better than Facebook for reaching your target user.

How do I know where the downloads are coming from? Is iTunes Connect the only option that can show all sources without implementing an SDK for each and every source? Currently there isn't enough data to show sources. Do you have any idea of a work/office related site other than LinkedIn?
    Post edited by erikdude on
  • AlisaLevAlisaLev UkrainePosts: 122New Users @ @
    Some special websites will be great to submit your app for review or forums oriented on office workers to find best apps to manage business.
  • apppicker.comapppicker.com Posts: 452Registered Users @ @

How do I know where the downloads are coming from? Is iTunes Connect the only option that can show all sources without implementing an SDK for each and every source? Currently there isn't enough data to show sources. Do you have any idea of a work/office related site other than LinkedIn?
    I suggest using your keywords in Google to find related sites

apppicker.com top 10 App review site where developers can post videos, place promo codes and announce apps on sale and gone free.