Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Analytic Services

OddballOddball United StatesPosts: 118New Users @ @
Who do you guys use for your analytics? I originally thought about trying Facebook but I don't see a lot of people using them. Then I figured I'd just go with Flurry, but I also looked at mixpanel. They do have a paywall so I'm not sure, if people use it and think its way better than Flurry, I may try it. Just curious with who everyone uses, especailly people with big apps/portfolios that see a lot of activity.

Thanks

Replies

• AlisaLevAlisaLev UkrainePosts: 122New Users @ @
    Google Analytics, only this give us the stats we need.
  • OddballOddball United StatesPosts: 118New Users @ @
    AlisaLev wrote: »

Care to explain more? Just curious, what do they give that you like that Flurry or the others don't?
  • AlisaLevAlisaLev UkrainePosts: 122New Users @ @
    Alifar wrote: »
    Oddball wrote: »

Care to explain more? Just curious, what do they give that you like that Flurry or the others don't?

I don't know how Flurry works but I know that GA is highly customizable, you can connect with other Google services such as Adwords and Admob, create custom reporting, realtime users in app and they have an app to check stats.

Fully agree, we also haven't tried Flurry, firstly was GA and we decided to work with that stats. Everything is understandable: the installs, views, clicks etc. Just put in the code of the app a correct GA stats script for each app and good luck!
  • iSpreadNewsiSpreadNews Posts: 359Registered Users @ @
    Oddball wrote: »

One of drawbacks of Flurry is that reports are updated with 24 hours of delay
    iSpreadNews.com - VERY CHEAP (from $50) way to send your iPhone/iPad app announcement to hundreds of blog & news sites owners over the globe.

Just remember that there other countries besides US!
  • optimizemyappsoptimizemyapps USAPosts: 138Registered Users @ @
    @Oddball - Google Analytics , you can even put in Custom events to track specific events in your App or Game , like users Leveling up in the game. Plus the advantage of linking it to Admod etc like others have stated above
    OptimizeMyApps.com for Professional Help on App Store Optimization / App Promotion Services at Great Prices
  • HappyByteHappyByte Posts: 343New Users @ @
    What I've learned so far is that there is no analytics service that does all you might need to properly analyze the data.

Basically the good approach currently would be:

1) use FBA, GA, AF for ad targeting and optimizing
    - report installs, sessions to all
    - report verified-only purchases (non-automatic) to all
    - report limited set of events to FB and GA

2) use your own server to collect and analyze data

3) track campaigns via both iTunes Affiliate Program and Apple App Analytics

The problem of most analytic services are:
    - inability to recalculate based on past stats
    - inability to segment everything properly (including past data)
    - inability to properly display flow of events
    - inability to analyze per user rather than per session
    - costs for relatively big apps (you probably won't need stats if you are small)

deltaDNA and Mixpanel can be userful, but quickly become overpriced if you reach that point when any analytics starts making sense to you.

So, what you get for free will answer only your basic questions - for example Google is so stupid so they can't even segment LTV other than creating a new view which won't apply to past data and will be losing part of the data.

All other things you should analyze yourself using your own server and database.