Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how about unity ads

Currently I am using admob(banner), admob+cb+revmob(interstitial),cb+adcolony(video).
is unity ads deserve to integrate?

Replies

• OddballOddball United StatesPosts: 118New Users @ @
    I use them in my mediation and they aren't bad, averaging an 8.xx cpm with interstitials lately. Getting paid is a bitch though. You have to first setup your account to receive wire transfers and then you send them a invoice for payments and they pay 30 days later. I've talked to someone at unity and they said they are looking to change that system though.
  • bhavinpanara22bhavinpanara22 Posts: 69New Users @
    After reading news about crossy road making millions from unity video ads. I decided to try it in my next game. But when i read about their payment system, i dropped it.

One thing i love about Unity Ads is, ease of integration.I don't know about others, but for Unity game engine, you can get Unity Ads running just in 2-3 minutes.

I will only use Unity Ads, if they allow PayPal or something more sufficient payment system.
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,558New Users @ @ @ @ @
    edited October 2015
    After reading news about crossy road making millions from unity video ads. I decided to try it in my next game. But when i read about their payment system, i dropped it.

One thing i love about Unity Ads is, ease of integration.I don't know about others, but for Unity game engine, you can get Unity Ads running just in 2-3 minutes.

I will only use Unity Ads, if they allow PayPal or something more sufficient payment system.

Paypal sucks. They take 2.9% plus an additional percentage for currency conversions. I wouldn't use them for payouts.
  • tomgood887tomgood887 Posts: 126New Users @ @
    which mediation do you use?
    does admit support mediate interstitials for other ads?
    Oddball wrote: »
    I use them in my mediation and they aren't bad, averaging an 8.xx cpm with interstitials lately. Getting paid is a bitch though. You have to first setup your account to receive wire transfers and then you send them a invoice for payments and they pay 30 days later. I've talked to someone at unity and they said they are looking to change that system though.

I actually had someone from Unity Ads email me to talk about things since I guess they saw me adding a lot of games. At one point she asked for suggestions and I straight up told her Unity has the worst payout system of any ad network, its absolute garbage. She replied and said they are planning to change it. I get paid through a wire transfer which is fine, I prefer that but the process to set it up was a pain and sending them an invoice to get paid is stupid. They just need to automate it and it would be fine.

tomgood887 wrote: »
    which mediation do you use?
    does admit support mediate interstitials for other ads?

Heyzap. Was going to use MoPub but integration was a pain and customer service wasn't great. Heyzap has been good so far, I will continue to use them.
    dev666999 wrote: »

Paypal sucks. They take 2.9% plus an additional percentage for currency conversions. I wouldn't use them for payouts.

PayPal is the cheapest for me. For me wire transfer takes too much.

I actually had someone from Unity Ads email me to talk about things since I guess they saw me adding a lot of games. At one point she asked for suggestions and I straight up told her Unity has the worst payout system of any ad network, its absolute garbage. She replied and said they are planning to change it. I get paid through a wire transfer which is fine, I prefer that but the process to set it up was a pain and sending them an invoice to get paid is stupid. They just need to automate it and it would be fine.

Did she told you, when new payment system will be there ?

No idea on timeframe, she just said they have plans to change it. Honestly, at first the payment system seemed like a pain which it kind of is, but it can be worth it. Their network does pretty good.
    So if ignore the payment system, unity ads deserve to add to my ads service list?

No idea on timeframe, she just said they have plans to change it. Honestly, at first the payment system seemed like a pain which it kind of is, but it can be worth it. Their network does pretty good.

• HappyByteHappyByte Posts: 343New Users @ @
    edited November 2015
    Unity is good.

Especially if you know how to set it up and mediate in the game properly and how to set it up on the network side.

Around $15 eCPM on working days and $18-20 eCPM on weekends, but it depends on traffic geo, how often you show the ads and etc.
    I heard that draw out money is a nightmare.
  • HappyByteHappyByte Posts: 343New Users @ @
    withdrawing money is pretty straightforward.

you just send them invoice and money on your account in a couple of days.

they promise to fix this to auto payments soon.
    how to send them invoice? by network?
    If not, it's a very complicate task.
    HappyByte wrote: »
    withdrawing money is pretty straightforward.

you just send them invoice and money on your account in a couple of days.

they promise to fix this to auto payments soon.

• markofjohnsonmarkofjohnson California USAPosts: 133Registered Users @ @
    No problems with Unity ads. Payment is a little slow, but it is reliable. Creating and sending an invoice is not difficult, you just email it to them. If you don't know how to create an invoice, just get any book on running a small business and it will tell you how to write an invoice. Actually I think Unity has a template they want you to use even.
    markj.net & focusedapps.com
    Hit Tennis & Super Txt
    No problems with Unity ads. Payment is a little slow, but it is reliable. Creating and sending an invoice is not difficult, you just email it to them. If you don't know how to create an invoice, just get any book on running a small business and it will tell you how to write an invoice. Actually I think Unity has a template they want you to use even.

Yea, they have a template and that is what I use. Honestly, after doing it a couple times its really not that bad but it will definitely be nice once they switch to auto pay.
  • deanodeano BostonPosts: 36New Users @
    Has Unity updated their payment system yet?
    Not yet.
    Any update about new payment system ?
  • ricardodevricardodev Posts: 3New Users Noob
    I am using Unity,moblyft,chartboost and admob. I use moblyft as a my mediation solution.
  • Crichton333Crichton333 Posts: 272Registered Users @ @

Its the same information you enter into Itunes Connect.

Your name and bank account.
    "Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality