Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chartboost changes

srpsrp Posts: 9New Users Noob
I have several apps that use Chartboost interstitial ads. I had been using a tiered set of campaigns for each app, with ceilings and floors in the financial settings, with priorities for each of the campaigns. In other words, I set ad preferences to the higher priced installs and clicks would show as my highest priority. Ads would be ordered by that preference.

Chartboost sent out an e-mail a while ago saying they're getting rid of floors in the campaigns, and now I'm a little confused about how to reset all the ads. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Chartboost sent the same e-mail twice, and I can't find anything about this on their blog. I've been pretty satisfied with Chartboost in the past, but I'm wondering how things are going to work now.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,613New Users @ @ @ @ @
    Why not wait and see how it affects you. Shouldn't be long now...
  • HappyByteHappyByte Posts: 343New Users @ @
    edited November 2015
    The news about getting rid of floors sounds odd, knowing that eCPM has dropped recently - may be they do it because CB is not getting enough impressions after people seeing a decline in eCPM and trying to optimize with floors or mediations.

I've made changes to these things couple of times.

In best days of CB and in sad days of now. It had zero to no effect and profits were lower somewhat. The only thing that was good was filtering out bad advertizers - but this somehow stopped to work recently.

May be because many advertizers started to use attribution and installs do not count as good anymore - install numbers look totally odd and suspicious.

Can you please share your eCPMs for May and Oct/Nov on this thread:
    http://iphonedevsdk.com/forum/business-legal-app-store/122363-is-anyones-chartboost-ecpm-low-right-now.html#latest
    ?