Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Promote the game without marketing cost

Hi All,

I am a indie developer, i am going to launch my very first game soon, however i spend all on developing, now i dont have any money saving for promotion.

Is there any suggestion you can give me to help me promote the game instead of lost in the market?

Really appreciated.

Thanks.

Rebecca

Replies

• AlisaLevAlisaLev UkrainePosts: 122New Users @ @
    forums, blogs, to swap of the reviews between the developers via websites like Smoothreviews, Exchangereviews, etc.
    The free promotion ideas.
  • rebecca_hfrebecca_hf usPosts: 4New Users Noob
    AlisaLev wrote: »
    forums, blogs, to swap of the reviews between the developers via websites like Smoothreviews, Exchangereviews, etc.
    The free promotion ideas.

Hi Alisa,

Thanks for getting back to me. But i am focus at ios platform. however i didnt see a good place for ios review exchange. Any thoughts on that?

Rebecca
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,525New Users @ @ @ @ @
    edited January 2016
  • freethinkernfreethinkern New Delhi, IndiaPosts: 6New Users Noob
    Hi,
    This question asked generally if you're new and specially by indie dev as indie dev have low budget or not budget for marketing.

Here are few tips to market your app for free:
    1. Forum promotion, you can spread word about your app on iOS gaming forums like touch arcade etc.
    2. Create social profiles on Facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest. Keep posting great posts on social media to engage users.
    3. Keep eyes on users reviews its very helpful in knowing what users really feeling about your game. Its not hard to analyse which reviews is real and which is fake review done by competitor. Its important.
    4. ASO, Optimise your app to get the best out of organic search results.

I hope it will help.

Thanks,
    Ash
  • apppicker.comapppicker.com Posts: 452Registered Users @ @
    3. Keep eyes on users reviews its very helpful in knowing what users really feeling about your game. Its not hard to analyse which reviews is real and which is fake review done by competitor. Its important.

I would add to this that having a proper website and support facility is important as user retention is as important as acquisition. Surprisingly, 70% of developers don't have this feature, indeed at least 30 of them link to appPicker.com as their support page and I have seen many others that link to another of their apps in iTunes.

apppicker.com top 10 App review site where developers can post videos, place promo codes and announce apps on sale and gone free.
  • vandernathvandernath BrusselsPosts: 6New Users Noob
    You will find many great answers here and other social networks (Quora, Reddit...) -- I'd also suggested starting with ASO. It's the easiest and has a high ROI.
  • angelappsangelapps usaPosts: 254New Users @ @
    rebecca_hf, thats the million dollar question.

The reality is you need to do everything suggested above and other things to get their. Doing things with no money is not easy.
  • apppicker.comapppicker.com Posts: 452Registered Users @ @
    angelapps wrote: »
    rebecca_hf, thats the million dollar question.

The reality is you need to do everything suggested above and other things to get their. Doing things with no money is not easy.

Doing things with no money is about to get harder I think.

When the paid search feature in Apple goes fully live the doors will open for all developers to get downloads from this source. These downloads would be quality downloads as the ads reach users actively looking for specific types of apps and therefore will become competitive.

ASO and other free marketing methods will lose some of their value as even apps at the top of the charts will become "crowded out" by developers with budgets and are spending them on paid search.
    apppicker.com top 10 App review site where developers can post videos, place promo codes and announce apps on sale and gone free.
  • TigerrrUppercutTigerrrUppercut Victoria, BC, CanadaPosts: 7New Users Noob
    edited November 2016
    I'd look at a cross promotion network like TapDaq, I don't think there's an upfront cost or anything. Similar to Chartboost I think. (By the way I don't work for any off those companies).
  • Crichton333Crichton333 Posts: 257Registered Users @ @
    Make a web page and try to hit the Google search engine keywords. Do it like they did in the olden days.
    "Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality