Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Facebook CPI

captaincoolcaptaincool PakistanPosts: 2New Users Noob
Hi everyone,

I just signed up on this forum today but I have been a regular reader of this forum. I have learnt a lot of stuff from this forum and I thank all the contributors for that.

I have a couple of questions:

1. I recently ran a campaign on US and got around 0.7 CPI on day one, the CPI was 0.82 on day 2, 0.95 on day 3 and now it has crossed it 1.00 USD. I wanted to ask if it is normal and does the CPI really increase with number of downloads?

Please note that I have changed the creatives but that didn't help either.

2. Should the new creatives be added to new adset or an existing adset? What does your experience say?

Replies

• apppicker.comapppicker.com Posts: 452Registered Users @ @
    Even Facebook has a finite audience and as your demand for users increases so will the cost for additional users in theory.

Assuming a total relevant audience of 10,000, the 1st run of the advertisement will catch those really interested in your app. The 2nd run will catch people a little interested, the 3rd run will catch people curious etc so as this continues you must reach a wider audience increasing the costs as you go along.

This can be counteracted with improving relevance and AB testing but overall, 100 downloads a day should cost less per download than someone looking for 100,000. This point may not be relevant to you perhaps but is when you are competing with other apps targeting your audience.
    apppicker.com top 10 App review site where developers can post videos, place promo codes and announce apps on sale and gone free.
  • captaincoolcaptaincool PakistanPosts: 2New Users Noob
    Even Facebook has a finite audience and as your demand for users increases so will the cost for additional users in theory.

Assuming a total relevant audience of 10,000, the 1st run of the advertisement will catch those really interested in your app. The 2nd run will catch people a little interested, the 3rd run will catch people curious etc so as this continues you must reach a wider audience increasing the costs as you go along.

This can be counteracted with improving relevance and AB testing but overall, 100 downloads a day should cost less per download than someone looking for 100,000. This point may not be relevant to you perhaps but is when you are competing with other apps targeting your audience.

Thanks for your reply.

I agree and understand about finite audience. However, my relevant score is still high since day 1 and the frequency of the users is still in the early numbers i.e. 1.07 on day 4. So, I am not sure how has the advertisement exhausted in all users in 3-4 days in this case.

I see your point with competitor competing for same audience & hence may have caused the CPI going up. So, something like this could have happened: My competitor was having a ride for the specific audience unless I jumped in. Then he raised his bid feeling the decrease the results after I entered and hence the cost for me also started to increase because my competitor raised the price?
  • apppicker.comapppicker.com Posts: 452Registered Users @ @
    I'm not saying it's exhausted by any means and with only 3-4 days data it would be impossible to take anything useful from this data. It could be that Saturdays will always be more expensive than Mondays for example.

You are also competing with many competitors. Even if these apps aren't similar, the target audiences may well be the same.

Shopping apps would probably advertise on a Saturday. Bible apps on a Sunday etc.

Changing creatives only helps as part of a process. You'll need to constantly test and improve your stats based on results.
    apppicker.com top 10 App review site where developers can post videos, place promo codes and announce apps on sale and gone free.