Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ranking in google mobile search results

phyodorphyodor Posts: 2New Users Noob
Hi guys!

So i was wondering lately what is the logic behind google mobile search for apps. I mean this very one - http://s32.postimg.org/jt8zuxkr9/IMG_0051_1.png

I was trying to put together some logic behind these rankings - and got at a complete stalemate.
I mean apps with clearly lower rating score, user base and even non relevant app names tend to rank higher sometimes. what de heck??

I have some ideas on how these results are fetched - backlinks, keyword density etc

What are your thoughts?
Tagged:

Replies

• Crichton333Crichton333 Posts: 278Registered Users @ @
    When someone searches for something and clicks on that app that will rank it higher on that search term even if it has nothing to do with it, just means that the user was interested in it at that search parameter.
    "Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality
  • appmarketingboostappmarketingboost PhilippinesPosts: 3New Users Noob
    edited June 2016
    Have you implemented deep-linking? If not, try it for your app. All apps should be using deep-linking but sadly, most of android apps not even bother to try one.
  • apppicker.comapppicker.com Posts: 452Registered Users @ @
    phyodor wrote: »
    Hi guys!

So i was wondering lately what is the logic behind google mobile search for apps. I mean this very one - http://s32.postimg.org/jt8zuxkr9/IMG_0051_1.png

I was trying to put together some logic behind these rankings - and got at a complete stalemate.
    I mean apps with clearly lower rating score, user base and even non relevant app names tend to rank higher sometimes. what de heck??

I have some ideas on how these results are fetched - backlinks, keyword density etc

What are your thoughts?

The mission of Google is to find relevancy for people who search on it's engine. It uses keywords, overall content, linking to the url, authority of the sites linking in and several other ingredients in it's secret recipe to rank sites and urls. It is SEO related as opposed to ASO related but basically the same principles apply for ranking within the Appstore.
    apppicker.com top 10 App review site where developers can post videos, place promo codes and announce apps on sale and gone free.