Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone bought downloads from fiverr ?

Hello,

As title says, my question is anyone here bought downloads from fiverr.
Some gigs are providing around 100 installs for just $5.

If you have tried it, then please share your thoughts. Is it safe ?

Thanks.

Replies

• dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,579New Users @ @ @ @ @
    Anything like that, offered from Fiverr is not safe. Apple is aware of Fiverr gaming the system. You're just asking for trouble...

This is old news.
  • bhavinpanara22bhavinpanara22 Posts: 69New Users @
    dev666999 wrote: »
    Anything like that, offered from Fiverr is not safe. Apple is aware of Fiverr gaming the system. You're just asking for trouble...

This is old news.

Then any other cheap way to get downloads ?
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,579New Users @ @ @ @ @
    Cheap is relative. Legitimate downloads from reliable sources tend to be expensive. As they say, you get what you pay for.

Using the "wrong" site or service, can jeopardize your Developer Account.

There is no easy answer to this.
    dev666999 wrote: »
    Cheap is relative. Legitimate downloads from reliable sources tend to be expensive. As they say, you get what you pay for.

Using the "wrong" site or service, can jeopardize your Developer Account.

There is no easy answer to this.

And what about services like app2top or ayet-studios ?
  • OddballOddball United StatesPosts: 118New Users @ @
    Don't buy from any site that sells "cheap installs". The cheapest installs you're going to get are from Facebook ads. Don't take short cuts, just do it right. You want to get installs that will actually convert to a real user that will use the app, make purchases if you have them, leave you feedback, etc. Through that and trial and error you will build your app up.
  • angelappsangelapps usaPosts: 260New Users @ @
    edited August 2016
    100 downloads is not going to help. Either the sector is so small that you will be ranking well anyway or its huge and 100 wont make a difference. Now, 100 reviews or IAP's would be different.

Purchases for such services on fiverr is a total stab in the dark and its anyones guess as to results/consequences.
    Oddball wrote: »
    Don't buy from any site that sells "cheap installs". The cheapest installs you're going to get are from Facebook ads. Don't take short cuts, just do it right. You want to get installs that will actually convert to a real user that will use the app, make purchases if you have them, leave you feedback, etc. Through that and trial and error you will build your app up.

How much does facebook ads cost ? Have you tried it ? Can you please share your results here or in PM.
    Thanks.
    angelapps wrote: »
    100 downloads is not going to help. Either the sector is so small that you will be ranking well anyway or its huge and 100 wont make a difference. Now, 100 reviews or IAP's would be different.

Purchases for such services on fiverr is a total stab in the dark and its anyones guess as to results/consequences.

100 downloads will not help, but I was planning to buy 1000 from fiverr. 1000 will make a difference to increase ranking.
  • apppicker.comapppicker.com Posts: 452Registered Users @ @

100 downloads will not help, but I was planning to buy 1000 from fiverr. 1000 will make a difference to increase ranking.

If 1,000 downloads will make such a difference to you then Apple may notice this sudden jump in downloads and investigate. Amazon took legal action against reviewers on Fiver who were doing this exact same thing.

There really is no such thing as "cheap" installs there is only good value and bad value. The quality of those installs is important and the reason why the metric CPI is being replaced by CPVI (cost per value install) because as @oddball points out, these are the users you need.

Facebook can be good value but only if you are able to optimize your campaign well and zoom in on your target audience. For 1,000 downloads it will be difficult to get it right so fast.

This week a developer with a betting app wanted downloads from us at $0.10 a download as he said he could get it elsewhere for that. I guess it's somewhere like Fiver. This is in a market where betting apps offer up to $8 a download for real users so there's something wrong there.
    apppicker.com top 10 App review site where developers can post videos, place promo codes and announce apps on sale and gone free.

If 1,000 downloads will make such a difference to you then Apple may notice this sudden jump in downloads and investigate. Amazon took legal action against reviewers on Fiver who were doing this exact same thing.

There really is no such thing as "cheap" installs there is only good value and bad value. The quality of those installs is important and the reason why the metric CPI is being replaced by CPVI (cost per value install) because as @oddball points out, these are the users you need.

Facebook can be good value but only if you are able to optimize your campaign well and zoom in on your target audience. For 1,000 downloads it will be difficult to get it right so fast.

This week a developer with a betting app wanted downloads from us at $0.10 a download as he said he could get it elsewhere for that. I guess it's somewhere like Fiver. This is in a market where betting apps offer up to $8 a download for real users so there's something wrong there.

Thank you very much for detailed explanation.
    According to you, Facebook will be the best for me. Can you please tell me how much will it cost on facebook to get 1000 downloads in a day from US ?
  • apppicker.comapppicker.com Posts: 452Registered Users @ @

Thank you very much for detailed explanation.
    According to you, Facebook will be the best for me. Can you please tell me how much will it cost on facebook to get 1000 downloads in a day from US ?

The range of estimates is so wide that no one can give you a valid reply without knowing the category of your app. There are several threads discussing Facebook CPI where you can get an idea of this. CPI can range from $0.10 ( claimed by some to be achievable) to $!6.00, although that seems very high to me.

apppicker.com top 10 App review site where developers can post videos, place promo codes and announce apps on sale and gone free.
  • Crichton333Crichton333 Posts: 272Registered Users @ @
    They dont actually install your app, they just click download in iTunes and write a review. Then you get a ban warning letter from Apple and they delete all reviews. These are mostly Indian or Pakistan farms that work for $ 5. If you look at buyer comments you can see "You got me banned" comments, then the seller deletes his profile and makes a new one then starts again writing himself "Great seller" comments. Sad, sad operation.
    "Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality
    @apppicker.com @Crichton333 Thanks for sharing info.
  • indie_devindie_dev baliPosts: 24New Users @
    Don't try Fiverr, I know some developers who had lots of troubles with Apple because of fiver service. There're more reliable companies to get downloads and reviews from