Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Differentiate localization in Spanish speaking countries

tropictropic Posts: 120New Users @ @
Hi,

I am making an app with spanish localization. Since my spanish is pretty much non-existent, from a marketing point of view, should I make both Spanish and Latino Spanish localization, or will the first be just fine?

Replies

• id256id256 Posts: 83New Users @
    edited November 2016
    It depends on the kind of your app. If that's not a Spanish vocabulary or some app, that is intended specifically for Spanish people from certain countries, I'd omit Latino Spanish initially.
    Post edited by id256 on
  • CoDEFRoCoDEFRo Posts: 639New Users @ @ @
    edited November 2016
    They're virtually the same, it would be a complete waste of money to do both. Just do latino Spanish since that's where your biggest audience will be.
    edited November 2016
    @CoDEFRo Aren't there a lot of Spanish-speaking people in the US?
    id256 wrote: »

There are but I don't see how that relates to the question? If tropic just does latino Spanish localization, it will be used for regular Spanish localization. US Spanish speakers are latino Spanish speakers anyway.
    edited November 2016
    CoDEFRo wrote: »
    US Spanish speakers are latino Spanish speakers anyway.
    I didn't know that. Obviously, in this case there isn't a big sense in doing regular Spanish (in comparison with latino).

Post edited by id256 on
    CoDEFRo wrote: »
    US Spanish speakers are latino Spanish speakers anyway.
    I didn't know that. Obviously, in this case there isn't a big sense in doing regular Spanish.

Nah. And honestly I got my app translated in Castilian Spanish by accident and I doubt it's made a difference. The difference between Castilian Spanish and Latin Spanish is like the difference between US and UK English.
  • Crichton333Crichton333 Posts: 277Registered Users @ @

Enough so that spanish keywords impact your rank in the US store.
    "Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality