Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is your "App Store Search Impressions" to "App Units" ratio?

SBPBuilderSBPBuilder NetherlandsPosts: 4New Users Noob
Hello guys,

Looking at iTunes Connect Analytics, I wonder if my App Store Search Impressions to App Units is relatively low or not. A low ratio could indicate either irrelevant keyword targeting and/or bad creatives.

The distinction between App Store Browse and App Store Search impressions is important, since browsing users are a less targeted audience than users searching for specific keywords. For me, there is a tenfold difference between Browse and Search ratios.

My data:
In 24 Okt - 31 Dec I had 8431 impressions, almost all were of type "App Store Search".
This resulted in 55 App Units. This is a 0,6% ratio.

The following topic was helpful, but unfortunately no distinction between Browse and Search impressions were made: http://iphonedevsdk.com/forum/business-legal-app-store/123121-what-is-your-conversion-from-impression-to-product-page-view-to-app-units.html

Please let me know your ratio's.

Replies

• fantasticbeastsfantasticbeasts Posts: 7New Users Noob
    That does seem to be a low conversion rate. You should consider the marketing aspects of your app. Are there good user ratings, do you have an attractive icon, an appealing app description, the best still images or videos that explain what your app is about?
  • SBPBuilderSBPBuilder NetherlandsPosts: 4New Users Noob
    edited January 14
    Rating-wise, I only have 1 rating in the US store, which is not enough to show any stars in iTunes. For the Dutch store I have 6 ratings. I should get more reviews for the US, DE, & FR stores considering my target locales. Thanks for pointing that out, I will look into it.

About the icon & screenshots; I think the icon is okay, and possibly the screenshots as well. I have however not showed it to anyone with industry experience, only to friends. It would be nice to get some feedback on the artwork.

Would it be considered spam if I posted my logo and screenshot here, on the condition that it cannot be traced back to my app? (So no names or URLs will be visible).

• UIUsUIUs Posts: 177Moderators Admin
    SBPBuilder wrote: »
    Rating-wise, I only have 1 rating in the US store, which is not enough to show any stars in iTunes. For the Dutch store I have 6 ratings. I should get more reviews for the US, DE, & FR stores considering my target locales. Thanks for pointing that out, I will look into it.

About the icon & screenshots; I think the icon is okay, and possibly the screenshots as well. I have however not showed it to anyone with industry experience, only to friends. It would be nice to get some feedback on the artwork.

Would it be considered spam if I posted my logo and screenshot here, on the condition that it cannot be traced back to my app? (So no names or URLs will be visible).

That would not be considered spam, so feel free to post it and get some feedback. If you did post names and urls, that would be considered spam.

Welcome aboard.
  • SBPBuilderSBPBuilder NetherlandsPosts: 4New Users Noob
    UIUs wrote: »
    That would not be considered spam, so feel free to post it and get some feedback. If you did post names and urls, that would be considered spam.

Welcome aboard.

Thanks!

Type of app: game; side-scrolling shooter / shoot-em-up / arcade
    Target audience: Both kids and adults

e0sc3hve1n9f.png

• CoralCoral ChinaPosts: 3New Users Noob
    edited May 2
    Hi,

From my experience, 55 App Units, a 0,6% ratio is little lower. I think you need to pay more attention to your keywords quantity and high traffic keywords ranking and UI changes per two months.
    Post edited by UIUs on