Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Only Allowed App Review Exchange/Request Thread

Replies

• Thompson22Thompson22 Posts: 114
    edited April 2011
    Hey we are looking to do some review exchanges! PM me if you would be interested! Thanks!

Him & Her for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

#1 in app wars right now! Thanks again for voting!
  • lifewareslifewares Posts: 63Registered Users @
    edited April 2011
    Are you willing and able to do a review for iPad apps? Please PM me if you want to exchange app reviews.
  • xuephilxuephil Posts: 2New Users
    edited April 2011
    Hi, I just released Handy Counter
    I'd like to exchange reviews with you guys. Please PM me. :)
  • cbguitarschoolcbguitarschool Posts: 8New Users
    edited April 2011
    Hey guys!!!

I just released "Guitar School" - a total beginners guide to guitar playing for iPhone and iPad. I'd be stoked to have you guys review it! I will definitely offer reviews in exchange.

PM me.
  • cbguitarschoolcbguitarschool Posts: 8New Users
    edited April 2011
    panzeriti wrote: »
    I have been having some success with my Penny Saved apps, but I am not getting any reviews.

I would like to exchange app reviews with other devs. You review my app and I in turn will review yours. I am in no way asking for a positive review, just an honest unbiased review of my app(s), and you should expect the same.

Send me an IM if your interested.

@Panzeriti Your mailbox is full...clear out some space so I can PM you!
    edited April 2011
    Did anybody notice that sometimes Apple does not let write a review if an app was obtained using a promo code?

I heard this from a few people, but not sure if this is true for everybody and all apps. Can you confirm?
  • hobbyappshobbyapps Posts: 9New Users
    edited April 2011
    Hello colleagues!

we have released our game app for iPad and would like to exchange reviews with you!
    So it you have an iPad and few minutes to write a review please send PM and we will also provide a review for you!

icon72.png

With best regards,
    HobbyApps
  • carlandrewscarlandrews Posts: 91Registered Users @
    edited April 2011
    lifewares wrote: »
    Did anybody notice that sometimes Apple does not let write a review if an app was obtained using a promo code?

I heard this from a few people, but not sure if this is true for everybody and all apps. Can you confirm?

This may be something new but I have also experienced this problem last week.
    edited May 2011
    This may be something new but I have also experienced this problem last week.

Actually Apple email back saying "we do not allow reviews for apps obtained by promo codes". I guess it is not true for everybody?
  • headkazeheadkaze Posts: 408Tutorial Authors, Registered Users @ @
    edited May 2011
    I received an e-mail from Promo Dispenser yesterday that stated
    We are sorry to inform you, that we are closing Promo Dispenser, after Apple changed their Policy forbidding to rate and review apps, which were downloaded by Promo Codes.

I have not personally heard of this before then but it looks like this is a recent policy change.
    <a href="http://headsoft.com.au"; target="_blank">Headsoft</a> | <a href="http://jungool.com"; target="_blank">Jungool</a>
  • INOV8INOV8 Posts: 136Registered Users @ @
    edited March 2012
    As most of you already know, Apple changed their policy to disallow the leaving of a review when the App was downloaded through a promo code. :(

Gonna have to work harder for reviews.
    Post edited by INOV8 on
  • AppsImpactAppsImpact Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    edited May 2011
  • kam187kam187 Posts: 26Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    Sent u a PM.. app reviewed. If anyone else wants to exchange drop me a PM!
  • metatarcusmetatarcus Posts: 18Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    I am up for reviews for free apps. PM me
    edited May 2011
    Wow, i'm surprised there aren't more people interested in this.
  • CogicxCogicx Posts: 38Registered Users @
    edited May 2011
    I am interested. :)
    <a href="http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/blobz-free-a-bubble-breaker/id409690034?uo=2&mt=8&uo=2"; target="_blank">Blobzfree hitting top 100 USA board category </a><br />
    <br />
    <a href="http://itunes.apple.com/in/app/blobz/id395132498?mt=8"; target
  • iber4.comiber4.com Posts: 119Registered Users @ @
    edited May 2011
    Well so far! big% of my Apps... are free... SO

If any want to exchange truly reviews...

PM or email me! :cool:
    We develop your application for iOS, Android and Windows to your needs, with the best value for your money in the market. Check it out!

http://iber4.com

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

iber4 Software Solutions for Mobile Devices. iOS & Android Application Development, API Integration with Mobile Apps, Migration, Maintenance & Support.
  • metatarcusmetatarcus Posts: 18Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    my apps are free too. feel free to PM me for honest reviews
    edited May 2011
    There's another thread for free app reviews :)
    edited May 2011
    Cogicx wrote: »
    I am interested. :)

Guys, just post the link to your free app instead of saying "I'm interested". What does that accomplish? Post your link so everyone can review you, and then you can review back. It's very simple.
    edited May 2011
    Good idea :P

Here's mine: Walkabout Lite for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

I'll review every link posted here :) (Honest reviews so don't be upset :P )
  • dljefferydljeffery Posts: 1,314iPhone Dev SDK Supporter, Registered Users @ @ @ @
    edited May 2011
    INOV8 wrote: »
    As most of you already know, Apple changed their policy to disallow the leaving of a review when the App was downloaded through a promo code.

So, this is the new thread for those who want to exchange reviews for their Free apps. To make this easier, here is a link to my free app, iVite: iVite Free for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

If you post a response with "App Reviewed", and post your link, I'll be glad to return the favor. This should speed up the process.

EDIT: If you have a question about the app or need a friend to send an event to, please PM me before leaving a bad review. Let's help each other out!

Thanks,

INOV8

Keep in mind the recent guideline changes...

Developers who attempt to manipulate or cheat the user reviews or chart ranking in the App Store with fake or paid reviews, or any other inappropriate methods will be removed from the iOS Developer Program
    edited May 2011
    dljeffery wrote: »
    Keep in mind the recent guideline changes...

Developers who attempt to manipulate or cheat the user reviews or chart ranking in the App Store with fake or paid reviews, or any other inappropriate methods will be removed from the iOS Developer Program

Thanks man.

However, there is nothing manipulative or inappropriate here. We are just asking for honest reviews from fellow developers.
  • dljefferydljeffery Posts: 1,314iPhone Dev SDK Supporter, Registered Users @ @ @ @
    edited May 2011
    INOV8 wrote: »
    Thanks man.

However, there is nothing manipulative or inappropriate here. We are just asking for honest reviews from fellow developers.

I can't imagine how "exchanging reviews" is not manipulating the system. But to each his own.

When you are shopping the app store, would you prefer to see "exchanged" reviews, or real, unsolicited ones?