Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An iPhone simulator for your app's promotional website

davoscriptdavoscript Posts: 6New Users
edited January 2011 in Mobile Marketing Techniques
Hello everybody, my name is David (davoscript.com), I'm a web developer and I've just released DragPic, a script based in Mootools that I think will help iPhone developers to broadcast their creations in the product's websites.

The script was built in first place to emulate smartphones behavior, but it also has the common (and more) features that a normal image gallery should have.

If you are intrested and you buy it (only $4 usd), I can help you setting the script to fit your needs or send you a demo.

More info here: JavaScript - DragPic Gallery - CodeCanyon
iPhone Simulator demo: Mobile demo

Under the main picture there are the demos, specially attention to the "iPhone Simulator demo", just drag and release (just like if you would be touching the screen of your phone) the images in the phone screen.

Best Regards, hope you like the script.
David.
david.fuentes@davoscript.com
Davoscript
Post edited by davoscript on
· ·

Replies

• davoscriptdavoscript Posts: 6New Users
    edited January 2011
    Where to download?
    JavaScript - DragPic Gallery - CodeCanyon

The iPhone Simulator Demo:
    Dragpic Mobile
    · ·
  • HackHack San FranciscoPosts: 2,133Registered Users @ @ @ @
    edited January 2011
    davoscript wrote: »
    Where to download?
    JavaScript - DragPic Gallery - CodeCanyon

The iPhone Simulator Demo:
    Dragpic Mobile

There's tons of free iPhone slideshow galleries.

P.s why did you not use the new iPhone 4? Its much sexier!
    · ·
    edited January 2011
    Bertrand21 wrote: »
    There's tons of free iPhone slideshow galleries.

P.s why did you not use the new iPhone 4? Its much sexier!

Hi, thanks for your comment, well DragPic is more than just an iPhone slideshow gallery, but I considered that it would fit perfect if developers use it for their websites. You can see another demo with some more features here DragPic Common Gallery demo, like tooltips or infopanels to display the images information, multiple items per frame, navigation, etc.

Best Regards,
    David.
    · ·
  • rocotilosrocotilos Posts: 3,292iPhone Dev SDK Supporter, Registered Users @ @ @ @ @
    edited January 2011
    Hey this is a great job. I love it. My website is using something similar but automated slideshow.

Is there a way to make it automatically sliding? (sorry im not a script writer so I don't know the plausibility of things in script world)
    · ·
    edited January 2011
    Hi, thanks for your comment. I saw your website, looks very good by the way, very easy to use.

About the script yes, the autoplay can be done with some minnor tweaks in the code, are you intrested? if you want to buy it I can help you tweak it.

Best Regards,
    David.
    · ·
  • bignogginsbignoggins Posts: 2,198Registered Users @ @ @ @
    edited January 2011
    If you make something like this that can actually run signed iphone binaries, that would be something to talk about =)

iPad Simulator - alexw.me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<br />
    <a href="http://www.fantasymonsterapp.com/" target="_blank">Fantasy Monster - Mobile Fantasy Domination</a><br />
    <a href="http://twitter.com/bignoggins" target="_blank">Follow me on twitter @bignoggins</a>;
    · ·
    edited January 2011
    Hello mightybao, thanks for commenting, I've seen that iPad simulator, looks great, however that simulator doesn't run "signed iphone binaries", it just emulates the behavoir of the iPad with HTML/CSS/JS, but you can't install iPhone apps there, in order to do that you would need a lot more work, something like a web virtual machine to run the iOS.

DragPic is actually a web tool that help people to create versatile image galleries, the mobile gallery is just an example of what you can do with it, here you can see more examples: Dragpic Gallery by Davoscript

Best Regards,
    David.
    · ·
  • YYTYYT Posts: 3New Users
    edited January 2011
    Hello mightybao, thanks for commenting, I've seen that iPad simulator, looks great, however that simulator doesn't run "signed iphone binaries", it just emulates the behavoir of the iPad with HTML/CSS/JS, but you can't install iPhone apps there, in order to do that you would need a lot more work, something like a web virtual machine to run the iOS.

DragPic is actually a web tool that help people to create versatile image galleries, the mobile gallery is just an example of what you can do with it, here you can see more examples: Dragpic Gallery by Davoscript

Best Regards,
    David.

If you could do that, I would pay some big money for it. :D
    · ·
  • bignogginsbignoggins Posts: 2,198Registered Users @ @ @ @
    edited January 2011

Best Regards,
    David.

Yes I know I was only joking about running actual binaries =)

To be honest, while the script is kinda cool it has limited usefulness. Automatic sliding images or video is far more effective on a practical level imo. It's really a UX issue. An average user would not really know that they can manually go to the next screen, and it's kinda awkward to do with a mouse anyway since that type of interaction is usually associated with a touch screen.

Just my 2c
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<br />
    <a href="http://www.fantasymonsterapp.com/" target="_blank">Fantasy Monster - Mobile Fantasy Domination</a><br />
    <a href="http://twitter.com/bignoggins" target="_blank">Follow me on twitter @bignoggins</a>;
    · ·
  • MichaelEMichaelE Posts: 446Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    YYT wrote: »
    If you could do that, I would pay some big money for it. :D

Really? Because I could do that for you for the price of an iPad + web hosting.
    :)
    Michael Emmons<br />
    Founder, App Apps, LLC<br />
    <a href="http://app-apps.com" target="_blank">http://app-apps.com</a><br />
    <br />
    <a href="http://app-apps.com/apps/videobot-camera-for-ios/" target="_blank">vi
    · ·