Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WARNING - Mateen Apps - Reza Pekan

ActionAppActionApp Posts: 18Registered Users *
edited May 2012 in Shameless Advertising
***********WARNING****************

Hello Fellow devs

Just wanted to give you a heads up and a warning about a scammer here...

We bought source code from Mateen well over a month ago -

Last weekend he messaged me wanting to sell his itunes account, etc

We sent him the money - he then said he needed the same amount over again to send us downloads... HUH!

This was AFTER he agreed to send us EVERYTHING we needed within 48 hours.

He then said that if that wasn't acceptable for us to open a Paypal dispute...

He didn't refund our money -

Now WE have to wait on Paypal and HOPE that he hasn't already unlinked his banking for them to refund us...

I have FULL DOCUMENTATION to back up what I am saying...

What a scum bag.

Post edited by ActionApp on
<a href="http://action-app.com" target="_blank">Want To Buy Apps</a><br />
Gregg Hall<br />
CMO <a href="http://action-app.com" target="_blank">Action-App.com</a>
· ·

Replies

• sacha1996sacha1996 Posts: 494Registered Users @ @
    edited March 2012
    ActionApp wrote: »

Hello Fellow devs

Just wanted to give you a heads up and a warning about a scammer here...

We bought source code from Mateen well over a month ago -

Last weekend he messaged me wanting to sell his itunes account, etc

We sent him the money - he then said he needed the same amount over again to send us downloads... HUH!

This was AFTER he agreed to send us EVERYTHING we needed within 48 hours.

He then said that if that wasn't acceptable for us to open a Paypal dispute...

He didn't refund our money -

Now WE have to wait on Paypal and HOPE that he hasn't already unlinked his banking for them to refund us...

I have FULL DOCUMENTATION to back up what I am saying...

What a scum bag.

I bought also all his apps source code (200 apps) like 3 months ago, he have sent them to me, but we didn't agreed to have acces over his iTunes connect account.

And for your info, a lot of the source code are with GameSalad.

And on GameSalad forums, I read that he's a child.
    · ·
  • ActionAppActionApp Posts: 18Registered Users *
    edited March 2012
    sacha1996 wrote: »
    I bought also all his apps source code (200 apps) like 3 months ago, he have sent them to me, but we didn't agreed to have acces over his iTunes connect account.

And for your info, a lot of the source code are with GameSalad.

And on GameSalad forums, I read that he's a child.

ALL of this I KNOW as well...

HE IS A SCAMMER

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    <a href="http://action-app.com" target="_blank">Want To Buy Apps</a><br />
    Gregg Hall<br />
    CMO <a href="http://action-app.com" target="_blank">Action-App.com</a>
    · ·
  • tclimtclim Posts: 2New Users
    edited March 2012
    Dear All,

I should visit this forum before I made payment to Mateen AppStore. I confirmed that this guy is SCAM. Like others said, I bought all his apps source code (200 apps) for the cost of $1,128.00 CAD with full resell rights and he then offer me by selling his itunes account, website and etc for $500 USD. I have made all payment to him.

We have received his apps source code (200++) with the cost of $1,128.00 CAD (first payment) but he refuse to provide any accounts information to us after we made the second payment ($500 USD) to him. He requested us to made another $550 for upload fees. But I reject the deal until I found this forum.

Below is the email he sent to my partner.

Would you like to buy our AppStore account? $500

We are asking you because we figured you'd be interested , let me know within 24 hrs so we can go ask someone else

If you do buy , you get the entire account, all rights, and website, and account details!

We can't own it anymore because we are getting into commercial and business with th government and we need to get rid of this ASAP that's why it's so cheap

I ask him to refund the second payment $500 USD to me but he refuse to refund the money to me.

He then also ask me to open a Paypal dispute...

I have open 2 dispute with my Paypal and waiting Paypal to take action before others people get trap by this SCAMMER.

WARNING !!! PLEASE READ THIS EMAIL BEFORE YOU GET TRAP.
    · ·
  • pocketeerspocketeers Posts: 16Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    Why do people buy and sell app developer accounts?
    Arcade mayhem on iOS, Android, Bada, Blackberry and WP7 - <a href="http://www.battleballz.com" target="_blank">http://www.battleballz.com</a><br />
    View 2D cam stream in Funky 3D with Funky Cam 3D on iOS, Android and Bada - <a href="http://www.funkycam3d
    · ·
  • TheBunnyTheBunny Posts: 2New Users
    edited March 2012
    Hi,

Same scam is being pulled on me see thread...

SCAM - Getting Out OF BUSINESS, Selling All Rights ( 200 Apps ) - Touch Arcade

I will be following up with a lawyer and possible criminal action soon.
    · ·
  • tclimtclim Posts: 2New Users
    edited March 2012
    Hi TheBunny,

You are the victim same as me. I dare more people will get trap by this scammer as well. Please, if you can take immediate action, it could help more people like us. Thanks You Very Much.

Cheers,

tclim
    · ·
    edited March 2012
    TheBunny wrote: »
    Hi,

Same scam is being pulled on me see thread...

SCAM - Getting Out OF BUSINESS, Selling All Rights ( 200 Apps ) - Touch Arcade

I will be following up with a lawyer and possible criminal action soon.

--- Follow up... if you have been scammed can you drop me an email.
    chrisd@plaidworld.com

I want t start documenting everything he has done, email chains, paypal orders etc.
    · ·
  • AllahAllah Posts: 144Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    tclim wrote: »

Below is the email he sent to my partner.

Would you like to buy our AppStore account? $500

We are asking you because we figured you'd be interested , let me know within 24 hrs so we can go ask someone else

If you do buy , you get the entire account, all rights, and website, and account details!

We can't own it anymore because we are getting into commercial and business with th government and we need to get rid of this ASAP that's why it's so cheap

With an email as suspicious as that, why would anybody trust the person behind it?
    · ·
  • HackHack San FranciscoPosts: 2,133Registered Users @ @ @ @
    edited March 2012
    Allah wrote: »
    With an email as suspicious as that, why would anybody trust the person behind it?

Oh come on, he is completely legit :D;):p:rolleyes:
    · ·
  • Eagle11Eagle11 Posts: 197Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    I just found out that this creep has been selling my source code that I give for free in my youtube tutorials.
    <a href="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/work-tracker/id329385678?mt=8" target="_blank">Work Tracker</a>
    · ·
  • davejas69davejas69 Posts: 265Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    Yes, I contacted this jerk to buy a Doodle Jump Template, when I downloaded it, I recognized it as the EXACT same code that was used in a free YouTube tutorial. He didn't even bother to change the dev's name in the XCode comments or the name of the project. Only graphics were changed.

When I demanded my money back, he said he would investigate and he admitted that it was a "mistake" and offered me additional templates(likely stolen from other people) but could not offer a refund. I said I would escalate it to Paypal for a refund, he changed his story back to the lie that it was his code and then tried to claim that I paid for the graphics not the code. Can't even keep his lies straight.

It's not the money, more the principle. Even if Paypal can do nothing he will have to go through the time to prove his case and have another incident logged against him.

I hope there is some legal recourse for someone who posts a free tutorial and has it stolen to resell for a profit.
    · ·
  • Eagle11Eagle11 Posts: 197Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    I want to take this guy down. I am going to be sending a letter to iTunes, PayPal, and YouTube informing them that he is using them to run a scam. If anyone could email me documentation of him being a scammer, that would be great.
    I am looking into the possibility of suing him as well.

Email: danielrb11 @ gmail dot com
    <a href="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/work-tracker/id329385678?mt=8" target="_blank">Work Tracker</a>
    · ·
  • davejas69davejas69 Posts: 265Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    Just found out I won the Paypal dispute. They never even had to get around to asking me for info, I guess whatever he told them was not very convincing ;)
    Hope that means he has to take Eagle11's code down and stop selling it for profit too!
    · ·
  • MateenPekanMateenPekan Posts: 1Banned Members
    edited April 2012
    Hi.

I just want to inform everyone regarding the recent activity on my account was not me. I was hacked! There was imposter posing as me . PLEASE NOTE TO EVERYONE NOT TO RESPOND TO ANYTHING FRAUDULENT SAID BY THE HACKER. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY OR ANYTHING REQUESTED.

I HAVE CONTACTED THE MODERATOR OF THIS SITE TO INVESTIGATE FURTHER INTO THIS MATTER.

Please beware!

A warning for everyone using the forums.
    · ·
  • RhadeRhade Posts: 661Registered Users @ @ @
    edited April 2012
    You didn't contact this moderator. But thanks for posting and bringing this to my attention.

Let's see... StupidCow and MateenAppStore (I really need to ban one of those), both coming from dsl.bell.ca. And look at that... MateenPekan coming from... wait for it.... dsl.bell.ca.

The hackers have your same IP address! In fact, I'll bet they even use your keyboard! They are probably sitting in your chair at this very moment!

Time to ban some duplicate accounts. Goodbye Mateen.
    Do not quote questionable posts.
    Do not post moderator requests in public. Send a PM.
    vvvvv ---- Use the flag button to report spam.
    · ·
  • RhadeRhade Posts: 661Registered Users @ @ @
    edited April 2012
    Do not quote questionable posts.
    Do not post moderator requests in public. Send a PM.
    vvvvv ---- Use the flag button to report spam.
    · ·
  • veterinarian2008veterinarian2008 Posts: 25Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    Hello guys, I can't believe he is doing this stuff. I was just googling about the price that you can charge on app licensing and this post came up. I know this guy. I was the one that got him into development. The way he acts is very suspicious. - He asked me for one of my apps and I told him that he could only use it for education only and guess what he did. He is selling them. I wonder in how much trouble he is. He will be in jail sooner or later. I even have his Facebook because I'm friends with him. He is a kid. Maybe 17 or 18 right now. Now that I know that he as a scammer, I will delete him. Here is his link of Facebook if you want to get an extra info:

https://www.facebook.com/deadbully

@Moderators: did you ban his account or did you ban his IP and everything?
    · ·
  • jdmnet30jdmnet30 Posts: 1New Users
    edited May 2012
    He's still at it. contacted us for the 200 apps at $500. somebody needs to nail him.
    · ·
  • polatyazilim.compolatyazilim.com Posts: 20Registered Users
    edited May 2012
    Long time ago i wrote on the forum that this guy selling illegally only templates from GameSalad. Seems like he swindles many people till now. Yes he looks to a kid according to his email..
    · ·
  • SebastianBOSebastianBO Posts: 7New Users
    I have nothing to do with this, but im more then open to help! Maybe someone should pay him a visit? :)
    · ·
  • summitedsummited Posts: 1New Users

I have nothing to do with this, but im more then open to help! Maybe someone should pay him a visit? :)

I am glad I found this, he offered me $300 for 200 apps, he still very active on this scam.....
    · ·
  • sacha1996sacha1996 Posts: 494Registered Users @ @
    edited January 2013
    He's still very active because I found 2 listings on SellMyApplication.com on his name:
    1st: http://www.sellmyapplication.com/source-code/★-lot-of-10-games-★/
    2nd: http://www.sellmyapplication.com/source-code/200-gamesapps-mixed-iphoneipad-source-codes-for-500/

In his 1st listing he even links to his app or the App Store. The links are working which means they're still online.
    Either he uses somebody's else link or he uses his own link. If he uses his own link, than he has created a new account (because his old one was banned) under the name: Firoozeh Morady © Maloose Apps

Check one of his app's link on SellMyApplication.com here:
    https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/free-fall/id507872809?mt=8
    Post edited by sacha1996 on
    · ·
  • mpetherbmpetherb SheffieldPosts: 2New Users Noob
    Thank you for this heads up. Its always good to know that people are out there looking out for others. I don't want to sound like I'm in his favour here but are you sure he is a scammer? There isn't any way that its taken this long legitimately? Maybe you could write a post based on your experiences and How to spot a scammer?
    · ·
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 2,893New Users @ @ @ @ @
    edited August 2013
    mpetherb wrote: »
    Thank you for this heads up. Its always good to know that people are out there looking out for others. I don't want to sound like I'm in his favour here but are you sure he is a scammer? There isn't any way that its taken this long legitimately? Maybe you could write a post based on your experiences and How to spot a scammer?

You have two posts on this board starting today, and this your third post, questions whether he's a scammer?

No offense meant, but have you read the whole thread?
    Post edited by dev666999 on
    · ·
    edited August 2013
    Exactly dev666 I was about the say the exact same thing.

Anyhow for a real answer the same person selling the exact same apps over and over again is a good sign ;)

Post edited by Rhade on
    · ·