Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SCAMMER] PSA: Client Refuses To Pay: Craig Lockwood

BrianSlickBrianSlick Treadmill Desk NinjaPosts: 10,690Tutorial Authors, Registered Users @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
edited May 2010 in Testimonials
Just a warning to other developers who may be approached to work with Craig Lockwood. He owes me almost $250, and is 2 months overdue in paying.

This is the third time I have worked with Craig, though conveniently the largest job. The previous two tasks went off without a hitch, and Craig paid promptly. I don't know what has changed. He now refuses to respond to my emails, and obviously refuses to pay up.

In my last communication to him, I threatened to post his source code online if he did not pay. Not even this was enough motivation for him, so here it is:

[Link removed by Moderator due to copyright violation notice.]

I can be very flexible, but my patience has worn out.
Post edited by BrianSlick on
Professional iOS App Development. Available for hire.
BriTer Ideas LLC - WWW | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

BTIKit | SlickShopper 2 | Leave a PayPal donation

Replies

• iiswordiisword Posts: 552Registered Users
    edited May 2010
    this is why you demand some payment up front. Sorry that he didn't pay you...

By the way, wtf is with the sounds page? The sounds are great to annoy the people around me.
    signature_7.jpg
  • delphipgmrdelphipgmr Posts: 203Registered Users @ @
    edited May 2010
    well if he posted it on the app store, let apple know they are violating your copyright.. they will take it down.

you, as the developer, own full rights to that code, regardless if he pays you or not, unless you sign a release (which wouldn't apply anyway if you haven't been paid)

as a developer for others, i have had this happen twice, and won both times in court.

contrary to popular belief, software is NOT eligible for the "Work for Hire" doctrine. the coder OWNS the code unless released in writing.